Chapter One

~Demetria

Giving a huge shoutout first to @LMAO__k & @_Jamaican_Baby for sending me messages. You two are amazing thank you and I appreciated the messages.

-Demetria

2 weeks ago

"Mama". I looked at her in the hospital bed. She was dying and I couldn't do anything about it.

"You are my shining star Demetria and I love you with all my heart". She gave me a weak smiled as tears flowed down my face.

"You can get better mama. You just need more treatment. If you just ask Hunter mama he will do it".

She shook her head. "Sweetie I can't live like this anymore. The pain only goes away for a few hours".

"Mama but I need you".

She lifted her hand and held onto my cheek. I placed both my hands on hers and while trying to hold in my tears. But they continued to come down.

"You are a strong girl and I know you will be okay. I just know it".

"Mama-".

"Listen to me. You will be okay. You understand me".

I nodded.

"I love you Demetria".

"I love you too mama".

~Present time

And that was the last time I talked to my mom. She died three hours later. I cried and cried beside her lifeless body until they told me to go home.

She was the last person who cared about me. I never met my father and Hunter was nowhere near a father to me.

The funeral was small. My mom was a nice lady but didn't really talk to a lot of people. She was my world and now she's gone.

I was laying in my bed with my dog Murray beside me. And yes I named him that.

My whole body was numb. And I didn't know what to do. My stepdad Hunter was a nasty drunk. He wouldn't rape me but he would hit and he would hit a lot.

My door busted open and Hunter was there breathing hard. Once again he's drunk.

"Get your ass up and go get me some more beer". He slurred.

"And take that nasty mutt with you and hurry up before I get angry".
He stumbled out of my room.

I got out of bed and grabbed put on some sweats and a big sweatshirt. It's November and it's getting really cold out. I got Murray's leash.

"Come here boy". I said making kissing noises.

He jumped off the bed and ran over to me. I put on his leash and walked out my room.

"And make sure you get the right beer this time bitch or the bottle will hit your big ass head instead of the wall".

I heard him from his room yelling at me.

"YOU HEAR ME TALKING TO YOU BITCH".

"Y-Yes sir". I stuttered

"HURRY UP".

I jumped and quickly ran down stairs with Murray in front of me.

I opened the door and walked out of the house closing the door behind me.

I began to walk down the street to the liquor store. I have to do this everyday. I'm surprise I can walk. Last night was a horrible night.

He beat me just to beat me. He came home from the bar really drunk. He wasn't always this bad. But once my mom got checked into the hospital that's when he got crazy drunk. I never told her. I wanted positive thoughts before she died.