Chapter Twenty-Three: The Immortals

I'm currtenly sitting in the same spot were Damon and I were last sitted. I need to find her. She's my only hope into finding out where the Forest of Dreams is located. Besides, Damon did tell me he knew her from way back. Somehow she should now? Come on she's a Witch for crying out loud! 

I scan around tracing for Serena from every corner, but I can't seem to find her. 

"I'm here." 

I turn around seeing no one. 

"Stop reacting and think with your mind. Open your mind and you will find me." 

I freeze. 

I close my eyes. I picture those white crystal eyes. 

"Serena?" 

"That's me. So, you want to know were the Forest of Dreams are?" 

I open my eyes hearing a shift of movement from across my table. A grining Serena was staring at me, 

"How did you do that?" I ask, bewildered, 

She pressed her lips together, "Well, if I tell you now i'll ruin the surprise." 

"Serena." I lowered my voice. I don't know her very well, but it seems like I've known her for years. 

"Penelope, you pushed me here." 

"Huh?" I raise a brow, 

"Your mind is so strong that it brought my body all the way here. Sitting right in front of you." 

"Are you dead?" 

She titleted her head back and laughed

"I'm taking that as a no." 

"Of course not silly. I'm a hundread percent human. Your one tough cookie to tug a Witch. A powerful one as well."

"Look I just want to know where-"

"The Forest of Dreams are. I know, but I must worn you before you head on to your trip." 

"What?"

"The Forest of Dreams is very powerful. If a Human or even a......witch dares enters inside the forest. Your mind blanks out. You mentelly forget about eveything. All you can remember are the worst nightmares of your lifetimes. It replays over and over in tell your body can't take it no more and you zone out making you paralze or another thing.....death."

"What about Immortals?"

"Well, the same thing happens to them. The only thing different from the humans and Witches are that they can keep one thing they cared about in there whole entire life. The rest is history."

"Has anyone passed through the Forest?"

"Well.....one person did, but it was like eleven years ago."

I lean foward, "Tell me."

"His name was......Laurent something? Can't remember his last name. But I can tell you his first name was Laurent. Somehow he had made this armor made of pure crytal of fairys. One touch of a fairy's tear it will cure you from the curse of the Dreams. But I heard it was a legend."

Legend. Pshhh, yeah right. I need to find a fairy. 

"I have a feeling it's not a legened. Serena?" I ask, "By any chance do you know were I can find a fairy?"

" Well, there's one near the shoe repair shop. She's very nice, but she doesn't like to cry. She's a toughfy."

"Well see about that."