Chapter Thirty-Three: The Immortals

I didn't have to think twice as my mind filled with belief as Esmeralda body fogged and left me in the clouds gazing down at earth. It was my turn to save the people I loved. This time I'm going to do it right. I felt my body grow warm as I was suddenly dropped down towards that beautiful place I'll never forget as I ended up in the cave where the Immortal Queen sat.

Her smile vanished as did the guards men, "What are you doing here? I thought I killed you? Never mind that, if I did it once. I can do it again." Taking a full swings at my direction as I blocked every move she threw my way. 

"How is this possible!? I'm invincible! Nothing can stop me." 

Her beauty began to fade as she fell to the ground, holding her breath as if she knew what was going to happen. 

"Your a fake. Your just one of Laurent's play toys. Your done with." I held my knife up high as she held her hand to stop me. 

"Stop! I didn't mean for this to happen." her tears slid down her face, "I only did it because I wanted to be loved." 

Feeling empathy towards her as I slide back my knife in my pocket, "I'm not sure I can trust you, but I can't just let someone die before giving them a second chance." Her beauty vanished, leaving her old and scrawny. The only thing that was left was her flaming red eyes. 

"Thank you." she whispered, 

"-but at the mean time. Your being held in prison." 

"What?" she shouted, "I thought I deserved a second chance?!" 

"Guards!" I shouted, "Take her away. I don't want her running loose." 

"You'll regret this Penelope!" 

"It was this or death." I shrugged my shoulders, "Now take her way." 

The guards took the fake Queen away as I knew now that it was time to find Damon and if I knew Damon well. He would be in the Tower looking for Laurent. 

~..~

(Now)

My hand stopped Damon from flinging his fist toward Laurent who quivered in the corner, "Stop." I ordered, "This is not how you want things to end."

"Penelope, I'm glad your fine, but for once in your life let me do things my WAY." he frowned, as I pushed him to the other side with such force that he almost stumbled,

"Stand." Ignoring the glare Damon was giving me as Laurent tried to stand up only back slightly away from me, "Touch my hand."

Damon and Laurent both raised there eyebrows, "What?" Laurent looked confused as much as Damon was confused, but Laurent took my hand other wise without any questions.

He knelt down still holding on to my hand as his face grew as old as the ancient writing in a museum. He cried out for help sensing the power within in him draining away.

"You don't deserve this type of power, Laurent. You are now human, no longer immortal."

He let go of my hand, "You-You deceitful....."

Then with one last blow of my lips Laurent turned into ash of dust. There was silent. The only sound that was heard was from Damon breathing that seemed to grow silent.

"How? What?" A voice came from the other direction, that didn't belonged to Damon at all. Erik stood with Serena close by, "Your glowing?"

I turned around facing Damon, Erik, and a very surprised Serena. "I could explain, but its a very long story. So, I'm just going to make it short and simple. I killed the fake Queen of Immortals. Now I'm the Queen of the Immortals."

"We can clearly see that." Damon muttered, "How did you take Laurent Immortality? That's my real question."

"That's easy. Laurent was all ready to old, old enough that it was time for him to die a long time ago. I just searched his weakest point and I touched it. Took away his powers and he was just merely dust after worth."

"That means you can do that to us?" Erik asked, still surprised that I was still alive at this very moment,

I nod, "Yes, I can. But I choose not to."

Erik walked closer towards me as he hugged with such strength, "I'm glad your okay." he whispered for only my ears to hear, "I thought I would have lose you." 

"Never." I said clearly, "Trust me."

Serena took Erik hand and headed down the stairs, "Let's leave those two alone."

Erik's eyes grew wide with uncertain. As the Immortal Queen I could see peoples emotion inside. Erik was jealous and sad? Why?

Damon and I were standing there awkwardly, "I'm glad you were okay. I thought you might have been gone forever."

"Nah, you know me. I'll never leave the people I care about."

Damon stood there quietly observing me as he stuffed his hand inside his jean pocket. Taking out a silver locket necklace. I gasped silently, trying my best to not act surprised.

"This was my mothers." he ran his hands through his hair, "I was going to throw it across the river near where my house is, but."

But what? I thought. It was best if I kept my mouth shut and let Damon talk since I know how he hates it when people interrupt him.

"-but, when I saw you glowing with such a radiant kind of glow I--- thought I would have lost you. Erik would have killed me." Chuckling almost imagining the cold glare in Erik face when he knew he let things go horribly wrong, "You gave me hope when no one could. I now know that you are who I was waiting for." 

I took a step back, only pressing my back against the wall, "I don't understand?" Afraid as to what Damon was leading towards.

Damon rolled his eyes, "You wish." He reached out his hand for me to take, "Your that one special person to wear this necklace my mother had given me and Erik. She knew that one day we would get married and find the one special person. I found a person who I can trust. I can trust you."

"That means....you don't like me?" sighing with relief, "It's beautiful." I comment, as Damon put the necklace around my neck.

"No. I don't. I can trust you. As long as you wear this than I know I can truly trust you."

My heart sank, but I smiled and pulled Damon closer into a hug, "You don't know how much this means to me."

"I'm glad to hear that." Damon lets go of me, pulling away and heading down the steps where Erik and Serena sat on the ground.

Erik glanced up towards me and Damon, frowning, "What's that?" Erik asked, pulling himself up from the ground and taking a closer look at the necklace around my neck.

"It's a necklace Damon gave me?" I say, "Why?"

Serena eyes began to glow yellow, "The night is dark, heaven is falling. The Immortals are rising one by one. Shut the doors of death. Each day torture, as love conquers all, but which one will she  choose. Will she choose from her heart, or from her mind. For she holds the keys of everlasting life."

Serena fell to the floor as Damon caught her, "What's going on?" Damon asked,

Erik sighed, "I guess it's going to take a bit more longer to get things back to normal."

The End.