Chapter 3: Football Friday

Caleb's POV

Today was a long, boring day. Most Friday's are, actually. At least there was the football party tonight and then Dylan was having one of his usual ragers after. His parents seem to never be home, or in the country, like...ever. 

Finally the last bell rings and I head out to meet the guys at my car. Since we are all on the team we have about an hour to go and get food before we have to head back to school and get into our gear for the game. 

"Sup guys?" Dylan and Skylar are both perched on my hood. 

"So fucking hungry, lets get some food ASAP!" 

I chuckle, Skylar is always hungry. "Yeah okay, how about Rudy's?" Rudy's was our typical spot before a game. Most of the juniors and seniors went there on any given weekend day. 

"Hell yes!" Dylan says as we pile in my car and head that way. We get to Rudy's in about 10 minutes and head in to order. I look around to see who is here and spot Ali and her friends Katie, Alexis, Samantha and their closest guy friends Logan and Josh. 

Typical...they are always together. 

"Hey, Ali is here man" Dylan says from behind me. "Let's sit with them they have a pig table"

"Dude, I don't want to sit with her. I see her all the time at home..."

"Come on man, there really isn't anywhere else to sit" Skylar points out. 

Fuck, he was right, it was a buys night at Rudy's and we had less than an hour to finish and get back to school. 

We walk over to Ali's table and I can see the shock and confusion in her eyes that we are actually going to sit with them. Wait, is she smirking? 

"Hey guys, mind if we join?" Dylan says as he sits next to Ali. 

"Sure! Of course not" Katie beams at Dylan. Typical Katie, always happy to be center of attention so she can get as much gossip as possible. She kind of drives me insane, always so bubbly and asking too many questions. 

We all sit and eat and I space out thinking about the game in a couple hours while everyone else talks about school and the party after. 

"Are you going to be at my party after the game, Ali?" Dylan asking this to Ali quickly brings me out of my thoughts. 

"Ali doesn't party. She doesn't even drink, dude" I casually remind everyone that my step-sister is kind of lame. 

I look over at Ali and see her glaring at me. Maybe that wasn't the best thing to say out loud...but she doesn't ever party with us and I know for a fact she hasn't had a sip of alcohol since she got too drunk off of wine coolers last summer with Alexis. 

"What, it's true!" I say defensively because now everyone at the table is looking at me. 

"Thanks for the invite Dylan, I'll see how I feel after the game" She gives Dylan a shy smile and tucks a piece of long brown hair behind her ear. 

"Good! I would love for you to come" He smiles at Ali, then quickly adds "All of you of course". 

What. The. Hell. 

Is Dylan flirting with Ali? Does he LIKE her? He is always really nice to her....but he has never invited her to a party before. Or mentioned her, or even really talked to her other than at the house when she is around. 

"Caleb!" I look up to see Madison running over to our table in her cheer outfit. 

"Hey babe!" I say giving her a chaste kiss on the lips. Thank god she is here, I can only handle so much weirdness with Ali.