Chapter 7: Confrontations

Ali's POV

I slammed my door and went to my desk to eat. Although at this point I was so angry that I wasn't even hungry anymore. 

Caleb wants me to apologize to Madison? He has got to be fucking kidding me, if he only knew what she was really like! What she was doing behind his back! I started pacing my room, too angry to keep still. 

Okay, sure, maybe last night when I was drunk wasn't the best time to confront Madison. But I saw what I saw and I don't know what to do with this information! On one hand, it isn't my business, Caleb is a big boy and can handle himself. Plus, it's not like we are close or anything, he probably wouldn't tell me if the roles were reversed. But on the other hand, this is Caleb, my childhood friend who I have been secretly in love with for years. I should tell him because I care about him, more than he knows...

I flop back onto my bed and stare and the ceiling. It will kill Caleb if I tell him. and he will hate me for being the one to tell him. He already does hate me though, so what does that matter?

I hear Caleb come up the stairs and slam his bedroom door before turning his music on blast. 

I decide I need to get this shit off my mind, and the best way to do that for me is a nice long run. I get dressed and head downstairs. 

"Hey honey" My mom smiles from the living room. "Going on a run?"

"Yeah" 

"Can you come in here for a minute?" 

I walk towards her and sit on the edge of the sofa arm. "What's up?"

"How was the party last night? I saw that Dylan walked you home..." She eyes me with a smirk. She has always loved Dylan. He is at our house all the time with Skylar, but she never seemed  as fond of Skylar as she is of Dylan. I can see why, he is polite and smart, just what ever parent loves. 

"Yeah, the party was okay. Dylan walked me home because Caleb wasn't ready to go when I was.." I looked down playing with my fingers. 

"I see." There is a pause and I think I am in the clear to go when she speaks again, "Are you and Caleb getting along okay? I came down to the kitchen this morning to a very angry Caleb" 

"We are fine, mom, nothing out of the ordinary. He just....."

She cut me off, "What happened to how close you used to be? When you were little you guys got along so well"

"We were little kids, mom! Then dad died and his mom left and we went through some shit and now all of the sudden we are living together again after not talking though all of puberty! What do you expect?"

"Ali, don't swear at me" my mom said sternly. 

"Sorry, mom. Im sorry, it's just- I don't know- Caleb doesn't like me. I try to stay out of his way but even then he isn't very nice to me. We had a fight last night at the party but it will be fine."

"I know this hasn't been easy for you two, living together, but just promise me you will try to get along?" 

I sigh and look at how hopeful she looks, like that little speech just fixed everything. "I promise, Mom" 

"Thank you sweetie, now go enjoy your run" 

She didn't have to tell me twice, I was out the door. 

****

I ran 5 miles and I was dead. My legs hurt, my lungs burned and I was a sweaty mess. It felt so damn good though. I decided to walk through the park as a shortcut back to my house, I needed a good cool down, anyways.