Chapter 4: secrets are no fun for anyone

Caleb's POV 

The stands were roaring, we had just won our last game before the homecoming game!

I look for Madison on the sidelines and see her cheering us on. I can't wait to celebrate with her tonight at Dylan's. As she hops over to me I feel her jump in my arms and give me a big kiss. God damn, she is hot. 

The last 6 months with Madison have been the best of my life. After finding out my dad was going to get remarried to Ali's mom and that I would suddenly have a step-sister, I was definitely not the happiest camper. It's not that I didn't like Ali or her mom, but I was happy with just my dad and I. It was a lot of change in a very short amount of time. Without Madison, I don't think I would have been able to handle it, she was also there to distract me. There was never any pressure to talk about it, she wasn't one to talk about that kind of stuff much, anyways. 

"Baby, you won! You won! You won!!" Madison screams and kisses me. 

I kiss her back and set her back on the ground "I gotta go change with the team, meet you at Dylan's for the party?"

"Of course! See you soon!" 

I watch Madison walk away and can't help but check her out in her cheer uniform. How the school lets the team get away with such short skirts is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. 

I shake my head and head towards the locker room to shower and get changed. I see Dylan and Skylar talking to some girls and can't help but get excited about how great tonight is going to be. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Ali's POV

The game is finally over and Katie is driving us back to her house to get ready for Dylan's party. I was planning on bailing and not going. No way was I going to go a party with the very people I just saw making out in the bathroom! No, way in hell. It was hard enough to concentrate on the rest of the game after seeing that, let alone go to a party!

"Katie, can you drop me off at my house?" 

"Why, Ali? You can borrow something to wear if you don't have anything with you" 

"I don't really want to go....I am tired and would rather just stay home. My parents are out of town and Caleb is at the party. A night alone sounds nice" I lie, hoping she won't push the topic. 

"Uh....no. You are coming to this party. Dylan basically only invited us because he had to. He wants you to go!!" Alexis practically yells from the front seat at me. 

"Yeah, she is right. You are coming. If you hate it we can leave after an hour" Katie doesn't even take her eyes off the road, she knows I won't say no. How can I? For some reason Dylan invited me to his party, and if my friends want to go, I have to go. 

Thirty minutes later and I am changed back into my jeans and sweater from school waiting for the other girls to get ready. 

"You aren't actually wearing that, are you Ali? Sam asks with a smirk. 

"I was planning on it...."

"No, way Ali!" Alexis and Sam say at the same time. 

Katie looks at me through the mirror and snorts "Hold on, I have something better you can wear". 

"No, Katie, I am fine with what I'm wearing!" I say rolling my eyes. 

"Not a chance, Al" Alexis goes to the closet to help Katie.