Chapter 3 White Christmas

It's 10:55 pm, the house still full of spirit, even Alex is still awake playing with smaller relative and Liam like usually Christmas, talking to Father's brother, Uncle Jerome who are a professional football player, then I give signal to Liam, then he grab a camera. Alex then Charlotte call Alex and gather around in the family room to open a present, then I call Valerie who was talking with mother in the kitchen, I pull her in the middle and give him a Christmas presents," What is this?"

"Open it!" she open the present and there is a teddy bear holding a flower.

(Valerie's Point Of View)

Hansel give me a teddy bear with and a rose, there is a note on it left hand, I open it," Turn Around!" I turn around and I saw Hansel bow with one knees," Valerie Louise Van Kamp, Will you be mine forever?" he took a ring from his pocket, did he just propose me, OMG! I can't breathe, I smile," Yes!Yes! Yes!" he put the ring on my finger and stand up, I hug him and everyone cheering, and Liam blow some confetti, Alex seems to be very happy, I go to Alex," You calling me sister from now on!" then we both hug.

"Welcome to the family, darling!" Catherine hug me," Yeah, Big Sist!" Liam hug me, then Charlotte and I wink together," Show me the ring!" she said, and we both giggle...we know we going to be close sister, then I took out my phone, and then call my mother in London,"Hello!"

"Mum, It's me Valerie."

"What's going on?, why you sound so happy, are you drunk? Where the bloody hell is Hansel?"

"MUM, guess what happen....????" I'm just so exited.

"Valerie, Breathe...Come down and tell me what's happen?"

"I'm getting married!! Hansel Propose!!!" then I heard my mother screaming, then I heard something from the phone,"Chris, our daughter getting married." Then I heard my father excited too, then my sister, Emma take over the phone,"VALERIE, TELL ME EVERYTHING! OH MY GOD, MY SISTER GOING TO MARRY!"

"HANSEL, HE GAVE ME A PRESENT, INSIDE THE PRESENT THERE IS A NOTE, I TURN AROUND AND I SAW HIM, BOW IN ONE KNEES AND PROPOSE ME...I CANT BREATHE....I'M GOING TO DIE..." then I heard my sister screaming," sist, we coming to California ASAP!"

Then the phone turn off, "What's going on Mrs. Mandrakis?" Hansel kissing my neck," My family will come here."

"Really?" I just knotted my head. then I saw Charlotte calling me, I walk to Charlotte and we giggle together then I look at the distance glancing at Alex who were sit on the floor playing with his younger cousins, with Liam besides him, Hansel come closer to me and hug me from behind.

(Liam's Point Of View)

I was sitting beside Alex who playing with Kurt and Finn, our younger cousins, Alex always like children he say that he never fully experience his childhood like running, going to school, the cancer took that away from him, that's why he love children because he could see things that he never have, Innocent and Purity. Not scare to face the world.

I look at the distance and saw Ben was laughing with some of my relatives, he seems happy. I approach him and pull him to more private room," Ben, I really like you!" then I just pressed his lips against mine. Everything is wrong but it felt so right at the same times.

(Alex's Point Of View)

A new guest arrives, it's my doctor Dr. Phillips and his wife, Jeanine with his sons, Damon and Connor. Damon is 23 years old and future doctor. Connor is 17 years old and went to the same school as Charlotte. Mum and Dad invite them to spent Christmas eve with us, then Dr. Phillips come to me," How are you feeling, Alex?"

"I'm fine, ever since I stop Chemo I feel better!"

"But the cancer will spread more quickly if you don't soon return to chemo." He sound look so worried.

"I know, If I don't mind ask, How Long?" I asked with a heavy sound.

"At this rate, Longest a year and a half." He answer with a sad voice.

"Is it hurt?"

"I will make sure it won't!"

"Thank you! Can I ask one more thing...?"

"Yes!"

"Can you keep this from them, I can't bear to see them ruin again."

"Okay, you should live your live right now."

"There is something that I always want to do."

"What is that?"

"Going to college."

"Well, you should ask your parents." He pets his hand behind my back then left, Liam took me to my bedroom to sleep. He tucks me in and kissing my forehead.

The next morning, I wake up and see all of my family on the dining room including Valerie and Aunt Lizzie. "Morning Honey..." Mother kiss my forehead," Mum, Dad... I need to ask you something and please don't be angry."

"What is it, Honey?" Mum ask.

"You know that I already graduate from Home schooling, Can I go to college?" then everything went silent.

"Mum, Please say something."

"Of course Alex, you can go to college, what you wanna study?"

"I want to become film student."

"Well I know a perfect college for you." Valerie zapped in.

"My friend's brother is a film student, he went to UCLA and they have a good program for people who want to become a film student."

"What a coincidence!" Liam stand up and hug me.

"Brother, My college move me to UCLA to play for Bruins and I can look after you. And it's my second semester there too; I can be there to protect you."