Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning feeling more tired than I had when I had gone to bed the night before. I had spent most of the day before unpacking boxes but at least my house now actually looked somewhat like a proper home.

Today I had to stock the fridge so that meant a trip to the supermarket, which according to google maps, was in walking distance away, lucky for me because I didn't have my car yet.

Since I was walking and would have to carry the shopping bags home, I had no choice but to join the short arse club for a while because heels just weren't an option.

The walk there was quicker than expected and I didn't even get lost, which for someone with less directional skills than Boots from Dora the Explorer, it was quite a feat. I'm not even joking, if you span me around in my own back garden I'd still have trouble finding my way back inside.

Anyway, I quickly filled my trolly with delicious spanishy goods and payed in my newly acquired euros and I was set to leave. I was about to leave the store when I heard someone call my name in the distance.

"Olivia!" The voice shouted again. Who the hell is that? I don't even know anyone in this town yet.

"Over here, Olivia" Of course it was him, Sergio, strolling towards me with his designer clothes and his perfect hair. What a coincidence, this whole town and he was shopping at the same store at the same time, amazing. Thanks fate... Or destiny. Wait is it chance... Coincidence? I don't know who's responsible, whatever, forget it because THE Sergio Ramos was approaching me with a small shopping bag in his hand from the store I just left. "Are you blind Olivia Luiz?"

"My vision is perfect Ramos, I just didn't expect to see such a famous, divaish guy doing his own shopping" I raised my eyebrows cockily at him.

"Divaish? Says the woman who wears heels in the airport" he teased me back.

"Hey! Look how short I am, I have to wear heels!" I pouted at him. His comment might have hurt me, but I was kinda flattered that he even remembered what I was wearing the first time we met.

"No you don't. I like short girls better." He was flirting again now.

"Really?" I asked sceptically "for some reason I think you like all girls"

"Well then you think wrong Olivia because contrary to popular belief I am not a man whore" He lifted his chin proudly.

I snorted with laughter "oh man you're cute. C'mon Ramos you walking me home or what? I don't see your shiny car anywhere in the car park"

He took my shopping bags into his free hand and gestured for me to lead the way. "You think I'm cute?" He raised his eyebrows at me. He had that ridiculously infectious smile on his face again.

"Yeah" I nodded, looking him in his deep brown eyes seriously. "Like a lost puppy or an injured bird"

"Oh" He looked a little dejected, which just made me laugh harder "was that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Just being honest" I shrugged teasingly, looking at him through the corner of my eyes as we walked side by side down the narrow streets.

"So what have you been doing since I last saw you?" He asked.

"Unpacking, eating, sleeping, freaking out about starting my new job tomorrow" I answered honestly, it was easy to be honest around him.

"Tomorrow huh?" I nodded at him. "Why are you nervous?"

"None of the kids speak English. What if they speak really fast and I can't understand them" I had been stressing out for a while but saying it out loud made butterflies flutter in the pit of my stomach.

"If they speak too fast then you can call me and I'll be your over the phone translator" He joked.

"So you'll be doing my job and ill still get paid, sounds like a good deal to me" I laughed, as we rounded onto my street. "Thanks for taking my mind off it Sergio"

"Anytime, like I said at the airport, anything you need" I loved how he could go from joking to genuine within minutes, he wasn't lying when he said he could be whatever you needed.

We stopped outside my house and I tried to take my shopping bags from Sergio, but it turned out to be a lot harder than expected, the bags had all twisted together around Sergio's hands as we walked. "Oh god, do you just want to bring them inside and ill sort them there"

"Yeah that will be easier" he followed me up my path and waited patiently as I unlocked my door.

"Welcome to my casa" Sergio chuckled as he followed me through to the kitchen.

"This is nice, you did all of this by yourself?" He asked as he looked around in awe.

"No, the furniture was already here. I just added my stuff" He placed my bags onto the island in the middle of my kitchen and I helped him to gently untwist the handles of the bags so that he could removed his hands.

"I hope you bought some good food so that it was worth me potentially losing my fingers" he wiggled his red/purply fingers as he tried to get the blood flowing in them again.

"Oh please, stop being such a drama queen" I grasped his hand in between the two of mine and rubbed his fingers gently until they began to return to their normal colour. "All better baby boy" I cooed at him in my baby voice.

"Shut up" he laughed while shoving at my shoulder gently.

"Shouldn't you have some sort of training?" I asked him as he leaned against the counter watching me put away my shopping.

"I already went this morning" He shrugged as he pulled out his phone, scrolling down the screen as if he was looking for something.

"Ahh that's what I thought" he suddenly announced as he looked up from his phone.

"What?" I inquired curiously.

"I still don't have your number because I gave you mine and you never called" He raised his eyebrows at me challengingly.

I took the phone from his hand and added my number to his contacts before handing it back to him. "Happy now Ramos?"

"Ecstatic" He joked.

"I'm glad, because now you have to leave, I have to get everything ready for work tomorrow" I walked him to the door.

He was about to walk down my garden path when I called his name. "Hey Sergio, thanks for today, really"

"That's ok" He placed a soft kiss on my cheek "I wasn't joking before Olivia, if you need anything tomorrow just call me"

"I will. Now go, before the neighbours get suspicious." I pointed over to an elderly couple across the street who had paused their gardening to watch us.

He laughed gently. "Bye Olivia"

"Bye Sergio" I closed the door gently, with a big smile on my face and I realised that my cheeks actually ached from smiling. I couldn't remember the last time that happened, not since I was a little kid.