Chapter 9

I woke up alone. The other side of the bed was cold, like Sergio had been gone a while. I rolled onto my front and sighed, closing my eyes again as I wiggled further down under the covers of Sergio's insanely comfy bed.

Suddenly I felt a heavy weight fall onto my back and wet lips on my neck.

"Wake up sleepy head" Sergio's husky voice whispered into my ear. He had just brushed his teeth and his cold minty breath sent a shiver down my spine.

I shook my head before I reluctantly peeled my eyes open and looked over at Sergio, his hair was still wet from the shower and he was wearing nothing but a white towel around his waist.

"I don't want to" I turned to face him, he looked and smelled heavenly.

"You have to" He smiled happily and then moved some of my hair away from my face. "I have a game today"

"I want to stay here with you" I ran my fingers through his luscious hair.

"Don't tempt me" He warned seriously.

I just smiled mischievously before pressing my lips against his.

"You don't play fair" He remarked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Neither do you, Mr Yellow Card King" I teased him.

"What did you call me?" He asked, the vibrations from his laugh running through his chest to mine.

"You heard me. Who are you going to foul today?" I asked him seriously.

"Oh that's it" He suddenly said, flipping me onto my back and diving on top of me as his hands darted across my stomach, tickling me mercilessly.

*********************

A few hours later, after we had eaten breakfast and I had showered and changed, Sergio had driven us to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. He was with the team somewhere, probably warming up or something, and I was sat in a room full of family and friends. The first thing I noticed was that Carol was nowhere to be seen and then I remember why. She was in Milan, with Kaka's new team.

Great. The only person in this 'familia' I know is gone. It was like the first time all over again, at Iker's when I didn't know anyone and I felt sick to my stomach with nerves.

The room was large and fancy, with plasma tv dotted on the walls showing other football games that were happening around the world. Plush purple sofas were everywhere, filled with people chatting and drinking coffee. There was a little kid area too, where adorable little children dressed in their all white kits with their daddy's name on the back played with each other.

I headed over to one of the empty sofas in the corner, making a beeline for the one nearest to the tv that was showing the Chelsea match.

"Hey Olivia!" I turned slightly at the sound of my name and saw the grinning faces of Sara Carbonero and Carlotta Ruiz, they were both waving me over to them.

I fixed my hair self consciously and headed over to them.

"Come and sit with us" Carlotta offered nicely, patting the empty space beside her which I plonked my butt onto.

"You look nice today" Sara offered, rubbing her pregnant belly absentmindedly.

I looked down on my outfit shyly. "Thanks" I said awkwardly. I had made more effort today, wearing heels and leaving my hair down and curling it. But still, it was nothing compared to these ladies, dressed from head to toe in designer stuff. "So do you both. Pregnancy suits you Sara"

She grinned at my compliment. "I feel like a whale!" She confided shyly. "Carlotta will tell you, pregnancy does not feel as good as it looks"

"That's so true" Carlotta agreed while rubbing the back of the tiny sleeping baby boy in her arms. "But you'll find out soon enough, won't you Olivia?" she winked at me and Sara laughed.