Chapter 12

I had to get up early for work the next day. Sergio only had training at around 11 so leaving him in bed was hard. I shut my alarm off quickly and pulled my silk robe over my naked body. I briefly glanced at Sergio as I tied the belt into a knot at my waist. Sergio looked amazing. The bright whiteness of my bed sheets contrasted against his sun kissed skin, the sheets were pooled around his waist revealing his tight abs and bold tattoos.

I sighed deeply before moving to grab a quick shower. I got ready quickly and quietly, not wanting to wake him. I left him a quick note and kissed his forehead before I reluctantly left.

The Madrid streets were busy, but the traffic moved quickly and I thankfully wasn't late to work. The morning was spend teaching 14 year olds the difference between there, their and they're, which was frustratingly difficult. The afternoon dragged on painfully, I missed Sergio massively and I couldn't get the image of him in my bed out of my head. Not ideal when trying to concentrate on teaching children. The day was only made harder by the fact I didn't get to grab a dinner break, the principle had asked if he could have a word with me, and then by the time I got out of his office and prepared my class for the next lesson the bell was already ringing for the next period.

By 4pm I was longing for Sergio and comfy clothes but I knew I had to stay to see Lidia. I had been a bad friend recently and I knew she wanted the gossip about Sergio and I's relationship.

She burst into my classroom with her sunny disposition around quarter past four, while I was still clearing away pencils and pens.

"Hey Mrs Ramos" She patted my head lightly on her way past to sit in the comfy chair behind my desk.

I rolled my eyes exaggeratedly at her. "Do you see a ring on this finger?" I wiggled my left hand at her to prove my point.

"Hmm. Whatever." She flipped through my student logbook nosily. "Can we go on a double date?"

"Double date? What are we? Teenagers?" I joked, but stopped at the glare she sent my way. "I guess. Where do you want to go?"

"I have tickets to Chloè Vidal, do you wanna go?"

"Yeah. I'll ask Sergio" I was pretty sure he'd go if I asked, but I didn't want to promise anything before I asked him.

"Lidia, can I ask you something?" I asked a while later, just before we left.

"Of course." She frowned at the sudden change of atmosphere, aware that our conversation just got serious.

"Do you think it's better to be extremely happy for now, and risk being broken when you lose it, or should you be completely average your whole life?"

"What?" She frowned. "Did Sergio do something?"

"No. No!" I sighed, struggling to explain myself. "I just mean... look at me, I'm not the girl that has a happy ever after with a man like Sergio Ramos."

"Are you kidding me right now? Don't you own a mirror? You're exactly the type of woman that ends up with someone like Ramos"

I pulled her into a hug, tears threatening to spill as I revealed my insecurities. "I'm just scared this won't last. Ignore me, I don't know why I'm so emotional, I have been all week."

This chat with Lidia was exactly what I needed, just a little reassurance about Sergio and I made all the difference and I was feeling so much calmer about the whole situation by the time I left work.

Sergio insisted on picking me up everyday even though I now had my own car. I pretended to be annoyed at his stubbornness but secretly I spent all day looking forward to this little drive home that allowed us to just sit side by side and talk about our days.

There was no talking today though, as soon as we pulled out of the school parking Lott my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered before looking at the caller ID. Big mistake.

"Olivia." The voice I knew straight away. My mother, and she did not sound pleased.

"Oh hey mum, how are you?" Sergio glanced at me as I tried to act normal but something was clearly up.

"Don't try that Olivia. Are you dating a footballer?" she asked, and I almost laughed at the tone of her voice, a mixture of annoyance and awe.

"Yes mum, his name is Sergio." I admitted, noticing that Sergio had turned and grinned at the sound of his name. "Are you mad?"

"Why am I mad? Hmm..." she paused over dramatically. "Probably because my daughter couldn't pick up the phone and talk to her mother..."

"Mum I'm sorry.." I tried to explain.

"... And then! imagine the embarrassment when Sandra in the hairdressers asks me about Sergio Ramos dating my daughter! I didn't know what to say! She saw it in the paper and I had no clue!"

I burst into laughter at that.

"Don't laugh!" She said angrily. "The whole place was passing around the article. Imagine me, sitting there pretending I knew what was going on!"

"Mum! Stop! I'll wet myself!" I managed to get out in between bursts of laughter. Sergio grinned along at the sound of me laughing, even though he was oblivious to the joke. "What did you say to Sandra?"

"It's not funny" she chastised me, but I could hear the smile in her voice. "I played it cool. You know how much I hate Sandra!"

"I miss you mum" I admitted truthfully.

"You too kid." she sighed loudly. "Bring that new boy of yours home soon, right?"

"Yeah, I will mum. I love you."

"I love you too." We both put down the phone simultaneously.

"Your mum sounds fun." Sergio commented shyly.

"She's crazy, and she wants to meet you."

He raised his eyebrows slightly. "She will, but I want you to meet my family first. Soon."

Oh. Shit.

(Sorry for the ridiculously long wait, but this is the next chapter, vote, comment whatever x)