Chapter Five

🔺Dove

*Max*

  "Anything special you want?" Andrew asked looking through the pantry.

  "No," I mumbled looking around the kitchen, black 'n white color scheme and all stainless steel appliances. "Anything's good."

  "Alright, I'll have something cooked up in a moment." Andrew said while putting ingredients on the counter, "You can look around, just don't go outside. Don't want Alex going crazy and locking you in a room." I nodded and headed down the hall.

  "No," I heard someone yell. "You hurt Bunny. I tell Papa."

  "What," A male's voice said astonished. "It's a toy."

  Suddenly a little girl ran into me and knocked me down. "Careful," I said smiling down at the girl and she just stuffed her tear stained face into my legs. "Hey," I said picking her up. "What's wrong? Your to pretty to be crying."

  "B-bwet h-hurt Bunny," she sniffed holding up a toy rabbit.

  "Well how bout I show this Bret not to mess with Bunny," I smiled and her eyes lit up and she nodded.

  "He in there," she pointed to the room she just came running out of. "You not going to hurt him, wight?"

  "Na," I chuckled. "I'll just tell him not to hurt Bunny again. How's that sound?"

  "Bwet," the little girl said as soon as I set her down in the doorway. "You in twouble."

  "I am?" he questioned then looked up at me.

  "Don't you know better than to hurt a innocent bunny?" I asked and he looked at me dumbfounded, I walked over to him and pulled him down to my level and whispered in his ear, "Next time you upset that adorable little girl over there I will make sure you will never have kids, do I make myself clear?"

  "Yes," he squeaked and stumbled back when I let go.

  "Come on sweetie," I smiled picking her back up. "Let's go see if we can bandage bunny up."

  "Yeah," she giggled and I headed to the kitchen.

  "Show me where bunny was hurt," I said as I set her on the counter.

  "His arm," she said holding the bunny to me.

  I grabbed that bandanna I had in my back pocket and fixed it like a sling, "There we go," I smiled at her and handed the bunny back. "All fixed."

  "Thank you," she yelled hugging me. "Do you want to watch Barbie?"

  "Maybe later, sweetie." I laughed hugging her back.

  "What the..." someone said from behind me, glancing back I saw Alex, one of the guys from the other day, and the guy that drugged me standing in the doorway with astonished expression. "How did you...?"

  "Well," Andrew said looking at the little girl. "Did you make a new friend?"

  "PAPA, she fixed bunny," she giggled and I smiled before glancing at the plate of food beside me. "And told Bwet not to hurt Bunny again, he looked like a ghost."

    "Did she now?" Andrew said kissing the girls head and when to pick her up but she grabbed my arm so he couldn't take her. "Dove, let her eat."

  "She's fine," I smiled, I grabbed my plate and walked over to the table setting her in my lap.

  After I finished eating and I washed my plate, Dove dragged me up to her room and it was adorable. Three white walls, one baby blue, white dresser and I blue comforter. "This is my bedwoom, me and papa fixed it." she said proudly walking over to a shelf that was crammed full of books and movie.

  "Well," I smiled. "Its amazing. What move did you pick?"

  "Barbie Nutcracker," she said and climbed on the bed, patting the spot beside her. "Sit." I climb up beside her and pulled the blanket at the end of the bed over us. Halfway through the movie I glanced down at Dove to see her clinging to my waist fast asleep I scooted down so she would be more comfortable and the next thing I knew the sun was shining through the window.