Chapter Eleven

🔺Javen

*Max*

~God, it stinks~ I mutter to the guys as we slowly make our way to the cave.

~Death~ Bash growled, ~He's been taking pack members and breaking them.~

~He nearly broke us~ Derek said, ~But we had to stay strong for you.~

~Be right back.~ Nate said as he darted to the back of the cave while the rest of us found a place to hide.

~Nate, be careful~ I caution as he ran around the corner.

~Yeah, yeah~ he said. Twenty minutes later Nate runs under us towards the door. ~RUN! HE KNOWS WE'RE HERE!~

~MOVE MAX!~ Bash growled shoving me towards the door and I ran after Nate, getting close I tossed him on my back and kept running with Bash and Derek right behind me. Rounding the bend I ran into a wall.

~Shit~ I mumbled backing up so I could look the devil in the eye.

  "Hello Max," he growled amused. "I didn't think you would come to me."

  "Javen," I growled annoyed after I shifted. "I'm not here to talk."

  "Then why are you here?" he questioned tilting his head to the side, "Oh look its the bodyguards."

  "Guys calm down," I growled lowly and they quieted. "Javen, you need to stop attacking packs."

  "No," he growled loudly. "I'm going to destroy every ALPHA I find."

  "Why?"

  "Because," he growled. "I was supposed to become alpha, but my good for nothing little brother stole it from me."

  "What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

  "I'm the first born, I was supposed to become alpha. But ALEXANDER stole it from me, therefore he's going to die along with every alpha I come across."

  "Why do you need me?" I asked, "Why keep coming after me, I'm not an alpha."

  "Your special," he grinned. "And powerful, working together we would be unstoppable."

  "What if I don't want to hurt anyone?" I questioned.

  "Then I just kill you," he shrugged.

  "But..."

  "I'm done listening to you," he grumbled. "Grab them."

  "You won't win," I growled before shifting and running past him.

*Alex*

  "Anything?" Dad asked as I walked in the backdoor.

  "No," I growled. "Its been a week. Where the hell is she?"

  "I'm sure she's fine," he sighed following me to the meeting room.

  "Bret, Brady," I nodded. "What did you find?"

  "West side of the territory smells like the rogues have been darting in out," Brady said.

  "He's been going after alpha's," Bret said handing me a folder. "We never thought about it but that's who's being targeted."

  "Damn," I mutter looking up at dad. "He's still pissed."

  "What?" Brady asked confused.

  "He was supposed to become alpha," I sighed. "But he could never win the fights at alpha training so I got the position."

  "Wow," Bret said. "I'd probably be pissed too."

  "Yeah," I sighed. "He ran off after we were told and then a few years later we realized that the attacks were his doing."

  "Alpha," one of the omegas yelped as she fell threw the door. "Luna Max, she's outside."

  "Max," I mumbled running out the door and they all followed me.

  "Alex," she breathed smiling softly.

  "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?" I growled angrily, "A WEEK, YOU LEFT AND I DIDN"T KNOW IF YOU WERE COMING BACK OR..." I got cut off when she kissed me.

  "I know and I'm sorry," she mumbled stepping back. "But we know when he's going to attack."

  "How do you..."

  "I know his hideout," she mumbled.

  "YOU WHAT?!" all of us yell. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? WHEN? WHERE?"

  "SHUT IT!" she growled eyes flashing, "I need my dad I will explain when he's here."

*Javen*

  "She got away sir," my beta said.

  "Doesn't matter she'll be mine sooner or later," I chuckled and headed to one of the torture rooms.

  "Alpha," he guard bowed his head as I walked past him.

  "Are you going to tell me what I want?" I asked the pup chained to the wall.

  "Never," he growled. "I won't turn on my family."

  "Very well," I chuckled walking out. "Rough him up, then we're going to pay my brother a visit."