Chapter Seven

🔺Bret 

*Unknown*

  "Sir, we know where she is." One of my trackers said. "Black Moon territory."

  "Good," I growled. "I'll be able to take everything that belongs to my back."

  "When do you want to attack?" he asked.

  "We'll give them a taste of what's coming, tonight." I growled.

*Max*

  "Daisy crown," Dove said holding up the flower jewelry she had made in class.

  "It beautiful," I smiled. "Do you want so ice cream?"

  "Strawberry," she asked and I nodded. "Yes please."

  "Come on," I laughed and grabbed our bowls walking to the backyard. "There you go sweetie."

  "Thank you," she giggled eating her treat.

  "Looks like someone found the ice cream," someone chuckled.

  "Papa," Dove giggled I glanced behind me and saw Andrew, Alex, and Noah. "Strawberry."

  "I see that baby bird," he said sitting down behind her.

  "Hi," Alex said sitting down beside me. "How has your day been?"

  I rolled my eyes and tossed my bowl in his lap and got up, "I'm going for a run, Don't follow me or send anyone after me."

  "But..." Alex complained.

  "Be careful," Andrew said before he got a spoonful of ice cream smashed into his face. I just chuckled and ran towards the tree line.

~Your headed towards the river~ Jewel said when I got to the familiar surroundings.

~Yeah, don't worry I'm not leaving the territory. I just want to run without anyone following me.~

~Oh,~ Jewel said when we heard running behind us. After awhile she asked, ~When do you think he's going to introduce us to the rest of the pack?~

~I don't know~ I sighed watching the squirrels run around, ~Besides we've met most of the pack members and some of Noah's pack.~

~In other words I should be patient~ Jewel grumbled.

~Yep~ I laughed, then heard a loud angry growl and what sounded like Alex howl.

~What was that?~ Jewel asked  and I opened my senses.

~Dang it~ I growled and ran back towards the pack house when I realized what was happening.

~What are you planning on doing?~ Jewel asked worried.

~I don't know,~ I growled annoyed. ~I'm still trying to figure that out~

  When I got to the yard I saw wolves fighting everywhere, looking around I spotted  Alex, Bret, Brady, and Andrew holding Dove...WAIT! Looking back at Andrew I saw a scared looking Dove as they were being backed away from the house.

  I growled loudly and ran towards them, tackling one of the wolves I snarled at him only to be shoved away from him, looking up I saw another wolf on top of me growling, shoving him off I growl circling them so I stood in front of Andrew and Dove. Quickly looking over there heads I noticed that Alex's pack was losing badly. Shifting back I growled lowly, "Andrew, cover Doves eyes and ears and duck down."

  "What are you going to do?" he asked but did what I asked.

  The wolves in front of me growled and tensed up right when they jumped towards me I shoved my hands out and they flew back hitting a few of the other wolves. Everyone looked at me as I stalked forward. 

  "WHO ORDERED THIS ATTACK?" I growled lowly and one of the wolves shifted.

  "Alpha Javen," he said. "You should know that. He wants you."

  "He's not getting her," Alex growled coming up behind me.

  "He's not here," I said.

  "He will be," the wolf growled. "You will belong to him."

  "Really," I laughed walking up to him. "I don't think so."

  "Max," Alex growled. "Get back here."

  "I don't get angry very easily," I said stopping in front of him. "But you threatened my family, and I'm not talking about the idiot growling behind me." He stared t me confused, "You threatened and scared that little girl and her father and the last time I saw you was two years ago when you killed my friends."

  "I remember that day," he smirked. "Those boys where trying so hard to save you. I still enjoy listening to they're cries of pain."

  "Really? Do you know why your pathetic excuse of an Alpha wants me?" I asked laying my hand on his chest and he shook his head, "Well, I guess I should show you."

*Alex*

  Max laid her hand on the rogues chest and I growled but my dad put his hand on my shoulder stopping me from shifting and ripping him apart.

  "What was that?" the rogue laughed when Max removed her hand and stepped back.

  "Your name is Jose Ramirez, you are twenty-five, kicked out of your pack for attacking an omega and you joined the Devil Shadow Pack six years ago and you died from your heart being crushed." Max said.

  "How do you know that?" he growled, "And I'm not dead."

  "Really?" Max asked cocking her head to the side.

    Suddenly the rogue started breathing really and dropped to his knees, "W-what's h-hap-ppening?" he choked out.

  "Like I said," Max said bending down a little. "You died from having your heart crushed."

  "W-wi-itch," he choked coughing up blood.

  "Burn in hell," Max said as the rogue fell over dead. "ANYONE ELSE WANT TO JOIN JOSE?" The rest of the rogues looked at her in fear before bolting towards the trees.

 "Max," Dad said very slowly walking towards her, she turned around and her eyes were glowing a vibrant green. "Honey?"

  "Sorry," she mumbled as her eyes dimmed back to the normal muddy green. "I got a little carried away."

  "How re you feeling?" Dad asked.

  "A little dizz..." she starts but she collapses as her eyes roll to the back of her head.

  "Max, honey?" Dad says as he catches her.

  "What the hell is she?" Bret ask as Dad runs past us.

  "I have no idea," I muttered in shock of what just happened. "But it seems Dad knows more than what he's told me."