Chapter 10

~~~ I cannot stop listening to this song! Faith, Hope, and Ace in their vampire forms above!~~~

Recap

"We need to talk" Levi stated, while staring at me intensely. That never means anything good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fidgeting, I try to maintain eye contact with Levi, but as my nerves increase, I couldn't help but look down. Why do people always start with that, it just makes the other person nervous! He's probably going to say that he changed his mind and doesn't want me for a mate.

Too late, I'll tie his ass to a chair if I have too! Although having him tied up to a bed would be even better.

"If you are trying to get out of this mating, I am going to stuff a chicken leg in your mouth, and beat you with the chicken breast." I said, making sure to narrow my eyes while giving him a menacing look. The Crew chuckled while looking at us, but when I turned my glare to them they quickly shut up. I turned back to Levi, arching my eyebrow when he hesitated before opening his mouth, but he seemed to gather the courage to begin speaking. "It has to do with your pack."Levi said, and just like that my mood took a nosedive, and I start to remember everything they had done to me. "What about them?" Levi looked to his friends for help, and Sky began to speak.

"Well, you know that they were going to kill you, when we found you, so we had to do something." I looked between all of them, wondering what they did. Ace spoke next,"We gave them the option to surrender, some of them took it, while others didn't." He said bluntly. "Were any children hurt?!" I said frantically, worrying about the only ones that seemed to care about me in that hell hole. "Of course not, all the children were given over to the Werewolf council, and have been given temporary homes, until they find people willing to adopt them." Celia replied. I calmed down and took a deep breath, because, even though it makes me seem like a bad person, I had only cared about the children. I hadn't even really felt anything towards my parents except hatred and resentment.

"Ok, what happened to the adults?" I asked, feeling like I still had a responsibility for them, even after everything they did to me."If they surrendered, then they were turned over to the Werewolf Council." Faith uttered."And if they resisted, they were executed." Hope finished. I tried to take it all in, staring blankly at the red,black, and white decor around the diner. The booth felt as if it would swallow me whole, as I tried attempted to process what they said. There was a large chance that my family was killed, because they would have had too much pride and hatred for the Vampires to surrender.

Turning to Levi, I asked the question that was most important to me. "Did my family surrender or fight?" He looked down at the table for a moment, before looking back at me with determination, and announced something that changed my life forever." They fought." I stared at him for a moment, before nodding my head, and turned to look at the waitress as she brought our drinks to the booth. I couldn't help the freedom I felt, knowing that they could never hurt me again. That man I used to call a father, had hurt me in the worst possible way, standing by and planning on joining on the rape, and my mother, who had turned her back on me when I didn't turn out the way she wanted me to. I stopped considering them as true parents the day that I didn't shift, they were never the parents that they should have been.

My father was just a war wolf, a wolf that uses violence to put others in their place, and the woman who gave birth to me did nothing important in her life, only using the pack money to shop and pamper herself. They are the true disgraces in this world, not me, and not Vampires or other species. All mythical creatures treated each other equally, all of them except for werewolves, no matter what your gender identity, your sexuality, or how much magic runs through your veins.

I looked back at everyone at the table, and couldn't help the smile that crossed my face, they are the true family that I never had. They had saved me from a time in my life that where I couldn't be myself, I had to fit in a certain box, and even when I tried to be perfect for everyone, I never was what they wanted. I could never be someone that I'm not, and now I finally have the chance to express myself. The pack is in my past, and my vampire and his friends are in my future. They set me free.