Chapter 20

Levi's POV

The sound of glass breaking drew me away from packing. Me head shot up from where it had been bent over my suitcase, my eyes turning red and my fangs dropping, worry for Jayden causing my transformation. I ran out of the bedroom, jumping over the side of the staircase and landing in the kitchen, the jump jarring my knees. I pushed through my discomfort and sped towards the door, ripping it of its hinges in panic at the sound of yelling and screaming coming from the opposite side of the mansion.

My basic instincts had taken over, only thoughts of protecting my mate running through my mind. My adrenaline had kicked, my breaths becoming heavy and my hands shaking. I could feel the blood pumping through my veins, my mind focused on the distance that I was closing second after second. The screaming had increased in volume, a drawn out screech piercing the air right as I arrived at the door leading to the apartment. Throwing my body against it, I burst into the room, catching a flash of white jump out of the window. My feet lead my to the window, just in time to catch a van speeding around a corner before disappearing.

I let out a roar, a sound so loud that the floor was shaking beneath me, and it was in the moment that I realized that tears were pouring down my face. I had just lost my mate, the one that held my heart, and if I didn't find him soon, I would never forgive myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayden's POV

In the time since I had been kidnapped, I have come to a couple conclusions. First, the floors on vans are very uncomfortable. Second, I'm going to slap the shit out of James as soon as I was released. The douche had been singing off key the entire time we had been on the road, purposefully getting louder every time I had asked him to stop. This guy was the most infuriating person I had ever met, making me want to claw off my ears then shove them up his ass. But if the way he had constantly glanced back at Charlie was any hint, he would probably like that too much.

Charlie seemed oblivious to James's attention,  something that never failed to put a smile on my face. I tried to keep my mind away from Levi and the Crew, focused on getting answers and escaping. From the way that they all interacted it was easy to tell that they all held respect for one another and trust each other, something they would need with their lifestyle. The handcuffs were loose enough not to irritate my wrists, but staying in the same position for hours had put strain on my body. Whenever they looked away from me, I would twist my body, trying to find a way to escape.

The chains holding me down would not budge, and I had just resigned myself to making my move when we arrived at our destination. Banging my head against the floor, I released a sigh that caused Minnie's head to turn. She gave me a questioning look, but I just turned away and banged my head again. I was bored, hungry, and murderous. James seemed like an amazing target to my anger, so when he tried and missed a particularly high note, I burst.

"Will you shut the hell up for a minute? If I hear another lyric coming out of your mouth, I swear I'm going to repeatedly stab you in the eye, cut off your dick and shove it down your throat." I yelled, feeling all the anger that I had been building finally release. They all seemed shocked at my outburst, all except Alice, the leader. She had probably been waiting for it, a person could only take so much. What I hadn't expected was the grumbling from the other Hybrids before they gave her a couple hundred dollar bills. "You bet on me?" I asked, shocked that they would actually do something like that after kidnapping me.

"We have to entertain ourselves someway. I thought that you would crack an hour in, Minnie was betting on 3 hours." Charlie explained, a twinkle appearing in his eyes as his lips twitched at the corners. They expected a weakling, but I was determined to prove them wrong. "How long has it been?" I asked, wanting to stay aware of my surroundings as much as I could. "About 5 hours." Alice replied curtly, focusing on the view out of the passenger window. My gaze was locked on the landscape seen out of the windshield, the mountains a shock. We must have been driving at top speed, because from what I knew, there were not many mountains around the mansion.

The van had begun to slow down, and they all seemed to be smiling widely at this point. We had arrived at our destination and they were excited to be home. Minnie and Charlie  unlocked my chains, but were quick to grab my limbs before I could even think about moving. I was lifted and tossed over his shoulder, which pushed against my stomach uncomfortably and caused me to release a groan. "Do you mind?" I yelped, trying to shift away from the pressure on my stomach. He just laughed, his shoulder repeatedly digging into me and only increasing my discomfort. 

They were all running now, in a rush to get to what I believed was their loved ones, but I had no idea if they were the only Hybrids or not. When we broke through a group of trees, a large clearing became visible to us , full of log cabins and pale skinned Hybrids. My mouth dropped open as I twisted my body to look over my shoulder, staring at the people thought dead. As soon as that thought entered my mind, so did the picture of Levi's old mate and what that meant. Levi would finally be able to be with Margaret, and the Crew could put the haunting moments to rest.

"Welcome to casa Hybrids." James jokes, gesturing around him while smiling and waving to people he passed. I noticed that people were staring at me, most likely confused as to why a non-Hybrid was allowed in their sanctuary. "How were you able to hide from the world." I asked, knowing that all Hybrids were considered dangerous and murderous. " We are in the middle of nowhere with thick foliage and we had sympathizers. People helped us escape confinement and set us up in safe houses until we could find our own homes." Alice explained, her eyes focused on our surroundings even as a smile lot up her face.

We were heading towards a large cabin that sat in the center of the large field, a large crowd surrounding it. Whispers rose as we hot closer to the crowd, angry voices and flaming eyes greeted us as Minnie and James made a pathway for us. I assumed that they were not aware of my newly changed DNA, which surprised me because I had thought that with their history, they would want to be aware of everything happening around them. We had reached the center of the crowned where a beautiful woman was standing next to a middle age man, both standing proudly and silently as they watched us approach.

"What is the meaning of this?" The man questioned angrily, glaring at where I still hung simply over Charlie's shoulder. He quickly placed me on the ground before facing the man and bowing his head respectfully, but still slightly shielding me with his large body. "This is the Hybrid you sent us after." He explained, lifting his head and focusing his gaze on the man. The man's eyes widened before looking me over, obviously surprised and skeptical  that I was a Hybrid. He looked around to the watching eyes before sighing and looking at Alice for confirmation.

My eyes were focused on the woman though and her familiar features. My thoughts were only confirmed when the middle aged man turned to the woman and said, "Hope you  prepared the cabin for guests, Margaret."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1377 Words

Like and Comment Please!

Sorry for the long wait, but its finally up!