A Saucerful of Floyd Part 1: Syd

David: 1946 age:22

Roger:1943 age:25

Syd:1946 age: 22

Richard:1943 age:25

Nick:1944 age:24

Skyler:1945 age: 23

Cat:1952 age:16

Chapter 1:

I walked up the stairs and into the huge house that I would be staying in. It was a huge school trip that the high school took every year, I had not been looking forward to it. I somehow would be stuck chaperoning those stupid brats again. My mom had asked me to go to chaperone my sister even though I had left home at 17, It was the last week of '68 and the first week of '69 that her school had taken this trip, they and made their way to the campgrounds/condos that were outside of town. I had visited this place when I was very young, that's where I first met David- he was 14 and I was 15 we became friends in the short time we were there. We had managed to keep in touch through the years. I wondered how he had been, how he had grown up from the boy I knew him as before. He had told me of a band he was thinking about joining with his friend Syd Barrett. I walked up two flights of stairs and started down a hallway. I was about to turn into room number 305 when I tripped and fell into a figure standing in the doorway. "Christ" I spoke under my breath "Sorry" I said."Don't worry about it" came a mysterious, light and wispy voice. I picked up my things and looked up. Standing before me was a thin, lanky boy with short curly and messy black hair. He had well defined facial bones and was wearing a black sweater with dark jeans. "Im Skyler, by the way" I said holding my hand out. "Syd" he said lightly shaking my hand, but smiling- a childish gleam in his eyes. Dark, and hauntingly beautiful.

••||••

Sorry the beginning is slow and short, the chapter sizes will fluctuate but that's because I've actually written a lot as a whole but I'm breaking it apart as I upload it.

**FEEDBACK APPRECIATED**