A Saucerful of Floyd Part 5: " Syd Hasnt Been Himself Lately"

Syd walked back over to us, his eyes looked distant. He looked over at me and smiled, I smiled back- the distantness had faded a bit, he looked away quickly, as if someone told him he stared too long at something. I glanced over at the tall bass player, he was staring at me intently, looking me over again. Nick eventually broke the silence "Why don't we all go get some tea" he said. "Good idea" David said, turning to walk off the stage, not taking a second glance behind him, leaving me alone with the rest of the band.

It was Richard who walked over after David left. "sorry about that" he said, as of he had perfectly analyzed what just happened and understood what was going on, "um, dont worry about it" I said, I didn't know what to say really. "well, Syd hasn't been himself lately. Roger's very worried about 'im" Richard said, trying to reassure me that it wasn't my fault, he was so sweet. We talked as we were walking towards the small cabin behind the majority of the other larger units. David was no where to be seen, Roger, Nick and Syd were behind us. He told me that they happened to be in town and decided to put on a small gig, to pass the time between studio work-and that Roger wasn't particularly thrilled with it.

••|••

It's been a while I know.. My knee decided to not be a knee anymore and I needed surgery and forgot to post. (Thank you Mo;)