A Saucerful of Floyd Part 2: David

Chapter 2:

I wondered if he was the "Syd" David had mentioned. We heard footsteps coming up the stairwell and appeared another boy, taller than Syd and not as lanky. He had messy dark blonde hair that fell a little past his neck, eyes that sparkled blue in the weak sunlight peaking through the window and- frankly- lips of a god. He was wearing dark jeans, a black shirt and a brown jacket."Syd, I've been looking everywhere for you!" he said, his voice was heavier than that of the thinner boys. I noticed they both had an accent strikingly similar to my own, though mine was slightly altered with living in America for a few years of my childhood. He was absolutely beautiful, he had a muscular figure, wide shoulders, and a smaller waist. But I could tell he was shy, his hands were tapping at his jeans nervously at his sides. He suddenly turned to me. "Oh, hello, sorry about my friend here." he said, speaking to me. "No need to be sorry" I said- I wondered if Syd had gotten into trouble in the past. But then again who hasnt? "I'm David by the way" he said, hopefully it was the David i had known. Syd laughed behind him and winked at me. "I'm Skyler" I said, wondering if he would remember me, if he was even the David I knew when I was younger.... "Skyler!" He said as he threw his arms around me. I felt the sudden urge to push him off but then he pulled back and blushed. I wished I hadn't been thinking so much and enjoyed the moment. "you are Skyler Cruise, right?"He asked, apologetically, "not many people are named that, you know..." He said, trailing off. "Yes" I laughed, I was so happy it was actually him."Should I be leaving?" Syd asked, lightly mocking David. "No! It took me ages to find you in the first place" David said. I wondered why he was so keen on not letting Syd leave. I decided I would ask him later.

••||••

Thank you for reading and I apologize for the slowness of the first few parts.

**FEEDBACK APPRECIATED**