Chapter 2

This is an actual house on Blue Bay that I thought suited Trey's home just fine

This is an actual house on Blue Bay that I thought suited Trey's home just fine. I thought it was funny that it was up for sale when I took this picture in the middle of winter (yes I have been thinking about writing this story for quite a while now as its summer here). I hope you like the chapter :)

############################################## 

Chapter 2

With the light of morning, Aurora had made no decisions on her summer plans. Her parent's had accepted her job loss easier than she had. They were in fact encouraging her to enjoy the last of her summer holiday. Aurora wasn't as happy about it, especially with nothing to do, and nobody to do anything with.

She had grown up in the coastal town of Long Jetty, situated on the eastern coast of Australia. Year by year, she went to school with the same people who never seemed to change. She never talked to any of the boys, especially when they began to see her as nothing but a teacher's pet and she only had one true friend.

School had improved slightly with Kiri leaving. Her sister had never been outright mean to her, but she had simply refused to acknowledge Aurora's existence. On the first day of high school, Kiri had left her to fend for herself, and Aurora had never quite forgiven her for that.

She sighed, wishing that Suli were here. She had truly missed her up beat personality, her crazy style, and the mischievous smiles of her best friend. Knowing that she wasn't returning until the week after school started only bothered her more.

Aurora knew that she had one solid week of loneliness at school that she was dreading. Add that to the holiday boredom that she now had coming her way, and she felt lost.

With her normal hour of rising at sunup, she decided that her usual walk and a swim might help her to focus on a more productive plan.

She was pulling her shorts over her swimmers when she recalled that her normal walk went past Trey's house. She bit her lip and wondered whether to take a different walk today.

She glanced out the window at the barely rising sun. She had always been an early riser, and she never knew why. The rest of her family could sleep in, but she always awoke with the breaking of dawn.

She figured that Trey wouldn't be much of an early riser either. She let out a sigh of relief and continued dressing. She grabbed her beach towel along with her keys, and determined to walk her normal way. She just kept thinking that maybe she wouldn't see him.

Her problem with seeing him again came from her thoughts that yesterday had to be a fluke. He had probably talked to her out of pity only because she had been upset. She knew that would be the case, so it would be awkward to see him again.

Boys like him would have girls flocking to him, so her pity party had just made him feel sorry for her. She determined that he would never take notice of her again, let alone be awake at this hour.