Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Strike!"

"I think you may have lied to us." Laura sat with crossed arms, as she watched Aurora score another strike.

"Maybe, it might just be my lucky day." Aurora smirked at her.

"Or maybe you're a sneaky one." Laura enquired with a quirk to her brow.

"Could be."

Aurora grinned, feeling surprisingly comfortable with Trey's friends. To Aurora's great relief, there was no mention of her sister's name for the rest of the day. Mick and Nathan might have given her an odd look every now and again, but she could easily ignore those.

"You need to ask her." Nathan shoved Trey in the arm, capturing Aurora's attention.

"Yeah, c'mon mate, she's cool." Mick sent Aurora a cheeky wink, and she could only wonder what they were doing.

"It seems that you've charmed my friends, and they wanted me to ask you to join our pizza party tonight." Trey smiled at Aurora, who peered between all of the boys suspiciously.

"At no time am I taking my top off." She warned them dryly and Trey flinched back.

"We gathered that." Mick quite deliberately looked at her chest.

"Stop it, guys. She's the only girl that you've all ever approved of, so leave her be," Laura chided them. "Please come over." She turned to Aurora with a pleading look.

"Sure, where are we meeting up?" Aurora answered excitedly.

"Trey's house." Nathan nodded and Aurora smirked.

"You really are far too keen for me to visit your house." She tried to sound annoyed, but felt sure that she failed.

"What? When did he invite you before? Laura looked between them.

"This morning, actually." Trey replied, but said nothing else.

"Right," Laura dragged the word out seeking for more information, which neither supplied. "Okay, are you still coming over?" Laura's sparkling blue eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

"I already agreed. Who's next?" Aurora looked at the scoreboard, surprised to see that she was actually close to winning.

"Someone's got to prove that we men are still superior." Mick stuck his nose in the air, which received raised eyebrows from the girls.

"Go right ahead." Laura waved a hand at him, while casually sticking her leg out to trip her brother on his way to the lane.

"Not cool, Tiny." He clicked his tongue at her when he stumbled and nearly fell, but Laura simply laughed.

"Promise me that you'll come over tonight. I'm tired of only hanging out with the guys." Laura pleaded again, while sending a disdainful look to her brothers who were now wrestling over the ball.

"Yeah, I'll check with my parents first, but I don't think they'll say no." Aurora hoped that her statement would be truth.

"I think Trey's a bit smitten with you." Laura said quietly, while the boys remained distracted.

"Me?" Aurora blurted out, rather astounded that Laura began confiding in her.

"Yeah, you. He hasn't asked a girl to join us in ages, and he looks at you funny sometimes."

"Funny?" Aurora looked perturbed.

"Uh, huh. Look I've known you for what, about two hours now, but I've known Trey for years. I've never seen him stare at any other girl in the same way that he stares at you." Laura admitted and Aurora felt speechless, as she blinked at the other girl.