Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Aurora arrived home with the biggest grin on her face. She kept staring at Trey's number feeling giddy with excitement. She felt incredibly nervous about ever ringing his number, but at the same time, she really wanted to hear his voice again.

"Don't you look cheerful this morning?" her mum, Judy looked at her daughter with a fond smile, as she walked into the house.

"Its been a pretty good start to the day." Aurora replied with a giggle.

"I can't believe that you didn't even go for a swim."

"No, I, uh, met a boy." She blurted out without meaning too, and she quickly slapped a hand over her blathering mouth.

"No! No boys! I had enough of a time with Kiri." Her dad, Dan groaned from the kitchen.

"Dan, honestly, stop being ridiculous," Judy walked into the kitchen, shaking her head at her husband. "She's going to be an adult in a few months, and then she can make her own choices." Judy chided him.

"I can't do it again." Dan groaned out once more.

"Seriously, Dad, you are being the biggest drama queen. Let me repeat, I only just met him." Aurora stated clearly, as she began to find her father's reaction both annoying and amusing.

"And I know exactly how teenage boys think." He replied pointedly.

Aurora left to go to her room with a huff, knowing that she couldn't change her father's mind. Kiri had always been the one to have boyfriends who her father disapproved of, which seemed to be all her dad could recall.

She changed out of her swimmers, laughing to herself that she had wandered home in such a daze to forget about swimming. Trey had certainly managed to muddle up her mind.

She went back into the kitchen, where her mother had begun making breakfast. Both she and her father were dressed for work, as they chatted about their day ahead.

"Here, honey, ignore the grouchy bear." Judy handed her a plate of eggs and toast, while teasing her father.

"Dad, I'm not Kiri." Aurora said, as she grabbed the barbecue sauce to put on her eggs.

"We know that, Rory." Judy patted her daughters shoulder.

"House rules have changed." Dan nodded his head sharply and Aurora groaned.

"I'm not going to invite him over when you're not here." Aurora rolled her eyes at her father's presumptions.

"Just listen." He sent his daughter a firm look. She waved an arm at him to continue, as she picked up some toast.

"Okay, I'm all ears."

"If you go anywhere with any boy than tell us. Nobody else can enter this house unless one of us is at home. Carry your phone with you at all times, and don't let any boy talk you into doing something that you don't want to." He pointed his finger firmly on the table with each remark.

"Yes, Dad, I get it. Can I eat my breakfast now?" Aurora enquired drolly.

"Yes, as long as you understand."

"I tell you what; if we ever go out on a date then I'll invite him over, how's that?" Aurora replied smartly.

"That would be very nice, Honey. So what's his name?" Judy added in.

"Trey. Can we be dome with this topic now?"

"Sure."

The breakfast lecture stole Aurora's excitement away. Now she wished that she had never mentioned Trey at all. She could only hope that her dad would start seeing her as someone other than Kiri, and all the bad choices that her sister had made.