Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Hello, everyone, I didn't expect you back from bowling so early." Trey's mum strode out onto the deck to join them.

She had a swatch of fabric over her shoulder and a pincushion on her wrist. Her light brown hair was in disarray, as she glanced excitedly between Aurora and Laura.

"Mum, can you let Laura finish eating first?" Trey chided his mother.

"Well, actually..." she trailed off, as she focused solely on Aurora. "I'm really glad that you came back, Aurora."

"No, Mum." Trey crossed his arms and shook his head firmly.

"Uh, thanks." Aurora answered shyly, not sure what was going on.

"I don't mind, Trey." Laura added in and Aurora only felt more puzzled.

"Laura, I'm sorry, sweetie, but you're not the body shape that I'm after this year. I'm expanding my market to suit a curvier figure." Her eyes went back to Aurora, who now felt a horrible sense of awkwardness.

"Okay." Laura backed out of the conversation quickly.

"Mum." Trey groaned in embarrassment.

"Trey, your girl seems to be quite a fashionista. I'm sure that she won't take offence for some free clothes."

"Um, I'm not into fashion, this is my sisters stuff," Aurora blurted out, as she fingered her shirt. "I just borrowed it."

If she had hoped that would help her, Aurora found that she was wrong. Trey's mums eyes flared brightly with excitement flooding her features.

"Excellent! I'm Queenie Arlington, and I expect you to call me Queenie. If you don't mind, I just need your assistance for a few hours. I promise to make it worth your while." Trey's mum beamed at her leaving Aurora sitting there flabbergasted.

"I'm sorry; you don't have to do this." Trey told Aurora looking mortified.

"If you haven't realised yet, this is why we don't have too many girls joining us." Laura added in with a smile.

"I don't think I understand." Aurora looked around the group.

"Mum's a fashion designer who likes working with real models when she creates." Trey told her with a wince.

"Hey, I'm not a model, that's my sister." Aurora threw her arms in the air and shook her head.

"Oh no, you don't have to model the clothes. I just want to measure you to get an idea on my new clientele. I have a lot for you to try on to see if it works, but I promise no actual modelling." Queenie blinked those emerald green eyes at her, and Aurora found it hard to refuse her.

"Okay, I guess." Aurora sounded uncertain, but Queenie only heard her agreement.

"We're going to finish lunch first, Mum." Trey told her and Queenie fluttered her hand through the air.

"Fine, darling." Queenie left them alone and Aurora was lost for what to say.

"Sorry, she gets a bit carried away." Trey winced.

"It's alright." Aurora shrugged, as she stared out at the ocean.

"She won't take long, and believe me; Queenie always has a way of making you feel good in your own skin." Laura assured her, but that only made Aurora feel more anxious.

They chatted as they finished their lunch. Aurora stayed a little quieter, as she considered what the next few hours might hold for her.

Her sister had always had the perfect figure, which was why she had wanted to model. Aurora had received her mother's pear shaped figure of smaller breasts and wide hips, which only seemed to expand the more she grew. The last thing she needed was someone pointing out her body's many flaws.