Chapter 5

Kaylee

1 week later...

I was at the garage at the desk. Paying bills again. I sigh it's like a never ending story with the debt we have. Today I was leaving early from the shop because it's Christmas. Then I got a phone call from my mom.

"Hey mom." I chirp. I heard crying. "Mom?"

"I need you at the hospital now." She said.

"On my way." I say then hang up. I grab my car keys and my phone. Lock up the shop and leave.

I got to the hospital and asked for my dads room. The lady told me that he didn't have a room yet and that I have to wait. I sigh and go to the waiting to see my mom crying.  I see my little brother crying too and I pick him up.

"What happened?" I ask Joshua my older brother.

"Dad got in a car accident." He tells me. I felt tears come but I held them back. So much for Christmas. I put Kyle down my little brother. I sit there with them.

My dad finally got a room. We were all inside it. Seeing him there with cuts and bruises hurt me. Then to top it off he has lung cancer. Annette came by to visit for a minutes before rushing off to see her own dad.

"Sweetie go home its late." My mom told me. I nod and leave giving my dad a kiss. Joshua took Kyle to his place. I walk outside the hospital and lean on the wall. I slide down on my back and bring my knees up to my chest. I cry and cry, I can't lose my dad. He means the world to me. He's taught me everything I know. I don't know how long I stayed there but it began to rain hard. I get up and stand there.

"Kaylee?" A deep voice said. I look up to see Nyle. He ran towards me hugging me. He pulled away and lifted my chin. His eyes locked with mine. We stared at each other and I could see how worried he was through his eyes. I placed my hand on his chest and we kiss. It was long and passionate and my lips were sync with his. We pull away and he uses his free arm to take me to my car. He asked for the keys and he drove me home.

I offered him a cup of coffee and he said yes. I served him his coffee while he was sitting on the island stool.

"You still remember how to make my coffee?" He asks me.

"Yeah I mean nobody's ever asked me to make their coffee but you." I tell him. After our coffee I told him to go take a shower. I gave him some old clothes from my dad. Some sweats and a white shirt. I sat on my rug in my room looking at old pictures. I was flipping through them to find one of me and Nyle together. Smiling and Happy. I heard him come out and I put the picture under my bed. I stand up quickly and I go take a shower.

I come out in a towel and to grab some clothes.

"Nice legs." I jump at his voice. "Shut up." I tell him and back inside the bathroom to change.

I jump on my bed next to Nyle.

"What was this doing under your bed?" He says holding the picture in his hands.I was shocked he found out I hid it.

"I found it while you were taking a shower." I tell him and he smiles softly at me. His phone rang and he answered it. He sighs before hanging up.

"I gotta go." He says standing up and I nod understanding.

"See you after break then." I tell him as we walk downstairs.

"Are you..er- going to stay with your family?" He asks me. I sigh as a tear streams down my cheek, gosh I hate this. Crying in front of him.

"I'm sorry Kaylee if I-" he tries to apologize but I cut him off.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine." I lie. "And no my mom sent Kyle to Joshua's place and she sent me home." I tell him.

"Oh." He says. "Do you wanna come with me to you know...see my family?" He asks me. Should I? I mean his parents. Oh God his parents though. "You don't have to." He said. I have nothing else to do and plus we couldn't even afford to buy presents this year.

"Fine. I'll go." I tell him making my decision.

"Pack a bag because we're going to go see my family in Disney Land." He says as I smile. I love Disney Land!!

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." He tells me before leaving. I run upstairs and start packing. This brought up my whole mood. I texted my mom to tell her know and she said it was okay as long as I have fun. As I'm packing I question, How long are we staying? I shoot him a text to find out.

We're staying for 3 days
Bring extra clothes bc we are having dinner
No need for gifts
Bring some money just in case
Picking you up tomorrow

-N

I smile and do as told. I write a note for Kyle and Joshua. I put my home made gifts under the tree. I look at it and it made me a bit sad. Our tree reminder me of Charlie Browns tree, small, wimpy, and bald. My gifts were the only ones since my parents couldn't afford them.

He picked me up early in the morning and we got to the airport. We finally got to the hotel. I got my stuff off and followed Nyle up to our huge room. It had two queen bed with night stands, a big dresser,  a big window to see the place, and a huge bathroom. My Gosh what else does this room have. I heard Nyle chuckle. We unpack and order room service. After we do Nyle falls asleep. Soon after that I do. But I couldn't stop thinking about his parents. We left on bad terms last time.

What will they think of me?

I've changed so much. What if they still hate me?

What will they say?