Chapter 7

A/N go read The Killer's Little Girl and I Don't Believe In Love.

Kaylee

1 month later....

So Jessica moved about a month ago because of her family. She never really explained to us. But ever since she left Ruben ( a.k.a the Bad Boy of the school.) Him and Jessica have a bad past together but lately they've been good friends. I don't know what happened but I think him and her left on bad terms. Because he's been an ass. Ruben is best friend I met him in middle school. I really don't talk that much to him but he's been wanting to talk to me.

I'm in a cafe with Ruben sitting down drinking coffee.

"So what's up?" I ask him.

"I fucked up big time with Jessica." He told me.

"How?" I ask. Then he tells me this big story. He said that before Jessica left on her last day, she never told him she was leaving. So he confessed his love for her then she denied it at first. Then they got into a big fight. And then she left. Saying she'll never come back.

"You stupid idiot!" I yell hitting his arm.

"I know and I'm sorry." He said rubbing his arm.

"She loves you, you know?" I tell him.

"She does?"

"Yes! Don't you see the way she looks at you? Go after her." I tell him.

"Okay fine I will." He says. Then I leave saying bye to him. I went to the hospital to vist my dad. He's in coma.

I saw my dad lay there eyes closed and his chest move up and down. I sigh and sit next to him. I hold his hand and sneeze it.

"I miss you dad, it's been so hard for me lately. The shop is running okay I guess. I never told you that Nyle came back in town did I? I don't know what to do about him." I sigh at the end.

I stay there for about two hours then leave. I went back to the shop. I needed to fix an engine. I'm depressed. It's like I lost my colors today I'm out of it.

I cracked the car up. When I heard the door bell ring. I didn't bother to see who it was. I saw feet from under the car. Then the person bent down and laid on the floor. I turn my head to see Nyle with the biggest smirk ever. I roll my eyes and groan. I get up from under the car and grab a rag.

"What do you need Nyle." I say cleaning my hands with the rag.

"I wanted to know if you want to go out and get pizza?" He asks me.

"Sure." I tell him.

"It's not a date right?" I ask him.

"No just want to hang out." He said. I nod.

"Just give me a few minutes to change." I tell him as he nods. I walk up the stairs and close the door behind me. I take a shower and dry my hair off. I did my usual makeup. I picked out a black crop top with a black fannel shirt, with some high waisted shorts, and some red converse. I curled my hair and walked out.

I closed the shop up and jumped into Nyle's car. We arrived at restaurant Annette worked at. The lights were off when we got off. Nyle opened the door and the lights went on.

"Happy birthday!!" People yelled and popped out of places. I was shocked really I was. I totally forgot it was my birthday.

Your probably thinking how can a person forget their birthday?! I guess I forgot I was so sad I didn't even realize what today was. I guess I started to forget my birthday it all started 2 years ago. My past. Maybe that's why I didn't remember. Because that day was the  saddest day of my life. I never thought I would argue and yell on my birthday.

I saw Annette and my friends and a couple of people from school. I got a phone call. I told everyone I'll be back and went outside.

'Hello

'Kaylee?

'Yes mom

'I'm sorry how do I say this

'What is it

'Your father's dead

'Okay

I hung up before she can say anything. My dad is dead. My heart clutches. I tear slips down my cheek. I hear my name begin called I wipe my tear away and walk inside.

I put a fake smile on my face and try to act happy.

A few hours later...

I grabbed a beer and walked outside. I sat on sidewalk. I chugged half of my beer. The feel of burning in my throat. I never really forgot my birthday. I guess I just don't care anymore. I can't believe my dad is dead. On my birthday. I feel so empty. I took another sip of my beer and Nyle sat next to me.

"Why did you do this?" I asked him.

"You should be enjoying your birthday. Annette kinda had the idea." He said.

"I know what your trying to do." I tell him sipping my beer.

"And what is that?" He asked.

"You can't fix the past Nyle." I said honestly. He stayed silent.

"I wanted you to enjoy your birthday, I did this for you. Not because I wanted you to feel sad or mad. Why do care about the past now?" He says.

"Why? Because the reason why I never cared about my birthday anymore was because of you. You know that." I tell him, me pointing my finger at him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"It's gonna change. Nothing will. You make it seem like I need you." I say trying not sound like I care but the truth it hurt.

"Kaylee, I didn't mean to ruin your birthday 2 years ago!" His voice started raising.

"OH really?! Really!" I say standing up.

"So tell me that you didn't mean to cheat on me. And then you never told me you were moving! You all did this on my birthday!!" I yelled pointing at myself now.

"I was drunk!" He yelled getting up.

"And why were you drunk?! I don't get it. You decide to throw a surprise party for me. Then I found you making out with a slut. Almost half naked! Then after that you told me you never loved me. It hurt. You broke me. On my birthday! Then I find out that you moved the next day. Like what the fuck was that!" I yell now tears stream down my face. Every one is now outside.

"It was a mistake! I got drunk because I didn't know how to tell you I was leaving!! So I got drunk." He yelled back at me.

"Did mean you had too. You could've told me. I would've understood." I say. I look down at my beer bottle. I tightened my grip around it. I lifted it up and through it. It broke and everyone watched me.

"Annette, I'm sorry. But I'm leaving just take my gifts with you and I'll pick them up later." I say and start walking away.

"Kaylee!!" I hear my name being called. I ignored and kept walking.

Why?! Why does this always happen to me?! Does he even care for me? He's the reason why I hate my birthday. Why I don't care about it! I was walking and came to a light. Me sighing.
I was waiting at the light. The walk sign went on. I started walking.

"Kaylee!!" I heard my name but only walked faster.

"Kaylee watch out!!" I turn around to see Nyle running towards me. I turned back around. I saw lights coming my way I was about to run.

But I was to late. I was on the ground. My eyes start closing. Nyle was saying some words but I couldn't hear him. Time seemed to slow down. Everything in slow motion. I saw Nyle. Him holding me and yelling for help. I saw something that I've never seen him do in a long time. He did care for me. He really did. I saw tear slip down his cheek. Him trying to keep me awake.

The last thing I remember was Nyle kissing my nose.

Before I knew it darkness took over me.