Chapter 4 - "Vicious Little Raptor"

(I do not own this image, this is how I imagined what Male!Charlie would look like C:

Please enjoy the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 You stared at the two men. 'What.' You thought. 'No...' You thought once again. You giggled cutely as you then rolled your eyes. "Very funny, and I'm Charlie." You spoke out loud. Delta scowled down at your small figure. "Um, no you're not." Another voice rang through your ears. You yelped, backing up quickly before looking on the other side of the bars. A young man knelt down until he was the same height as you had jet black hair with neon green highlights, a navy blue leather jacket and black ripped jeans. (Thank you Nightowlprime for the idea)  "Hush, you're going to wake Echo!" The man hissed. "E-Echo?" You stuttered, trying to keep your balance. Did Owen send some of his friends just to mess with you? "Did I stutter?" The man asked. Annoyance clouded his eyes. "Um, no." You replied. You held onto your arms. "I know your one of Owen's friends, now take off the makeup and the cosplay clothing." You said, walking towards The man while flicking his forehead.

 He growled just like a raptor would as he shook the bars viciously. "I dare you to do that to me one more time!" He screeched. "Easy now Charlie, you're scaring the poor thing!" The man so called named, "Blue" said as he walked passed you towards the buttons and lightly pressed the glowing green button. The door immediately opened and the man flung himself towards you. But he was stopped by "Delta" pressing him against the concrete wall, causing Charlie to wince. You trembled lightly. "Be nice!"  "Delta" warned before letting the vicious man go. He took a deep breath while closing his eyes and holding the bridge of his nose. "Shouldn't she be at the hotel?" Charlie asked. "Someone." Delta continued after he looked over his shoulder to see Blue trying to stop your shivering. "Shoved her into the ground." Delta crossed his arms. "That doesn't explain why she is still here." Charlie whispered for only Delta to hear. You stared at the two men who were having a small argument.

  "You alright?" "Blue" asked. "Ya, I should really go I have already caused too much trouble." You answered, but his grip around your shoulders tightened. "Nonsense, would you like me to take you back to your hotel?" He asked. His pure, amber eyes stared right into your (Eye color) ones. Well, you did hear Delta say that he shoved you into the ground so you are willing to say no. But part of you is saying yes. "Alright come on." Blue said as he gripped onto your wrist gently. He didn't give you any time to answer as he slowly dragged you away from the squabbling men. But the conversation slowly died down. "Where are you going?" Delta called out. "What does it look like?" Blue mumbled. "Which hotel are you staying in?" He asked, glancing down at you. "Shoreline Resort." After you responded, the man chuckled. You blushed slightly. "It's a nice hotel." He said, swiping you off from your feet. You squealed as you gripped onto his jacket. Surprised, his coat smelled of roses and it was really soft. This caused your eyes to slowly close gently and slowly. Soon enough you were back in a dreamless world.

  The next morning, you hugged the closest object that was near you. It was soft and squishey. Your eyes fluttered open. A bright ray of sunlight came into your room causing you to cover your eyes. You moaned as you stretched and sat up. You looked around the room. "How did I get here again?" You whispered not remembering what had happened last night. A yawn escaped your lips as you rubbed your eyes.

  Soft snores filled the room as you looked towards your left where the sound was coming from. Maxwell was snoring lightly clutching onto his teddy bear. His face expression was calm and peaceful. You smiled as you got up from your bed and headed towards the bathroom. Opening the door and flicking on the light switch, you stared in the mirror. "Huh?" Your eyes widening slightly. You were no longer in your work clothes but in your comfortable pajamas. "I don't remember.."  That is until your face flashed completely red when the thought of last night finally caught up to you. Did Blue do this? That didn't matter. Maybe what happened last night was just a dream and don't remember putting on your sleepwear. But everything felt so real last night. Shaking your head, you grabbed your work clothes which were neatly folded on top of the sink. Quickly changing, you grabbed a piece of paper that lied on the desk and wrote "Maxie, I went to work this morning, (Your phone number here) Call me if you need anything and I will be on my way c:" Leaving the note on the side of his bed and putting on your shoes. "Do I have my phone and my keys?" You asked yourself seeing if your keys and phone were in your jean pockets. "Ok I have them." You said before taking one last glance at Max and walking out the door. "Good thing I have off tomorrow so I can take him to the park or the beach."

  Claire waited patiently outside for you. Once you finally arrived at the car she asked, "What took you so long?" She smiled at you. She was teasing. "Oh shush." You grinned at her. She rolled her eyes playfully and started the engine then finally took off. "So how was work yesterday, did you lose an arm yet?" Claire asked. "It went alright,  glad I didn't lose one." You laughed as you stared out the window. "The raptors are a little fresh aren't they?" You groaned, taking your eyes off the window and down at your feet. "Yes." You answered. "You alright?" She asked sweetly. "Ya I am fine, its just hot today." You lied. "Ya, agreed." She said.

  Once you two finally arrived by the huge concrete wall, Claire looked over her shoulder. "You sure you're ok?" She asked once again. You shivered seeing the raptors being fed by Owen up above. "Y-Ya." You stuttered. "(Y/N) are you ok, your face is pale." She asked again. "Yes yes I am fine thank you for the ride." You replied hopping out in one swift move and pulling out your phone trying your best not to make eye contact with the raptors. A small but cute squeak formed to your right as you looked up. It was Echo. Happiness clouded his eyes as he wagged his tail. He was the only one that was friendly towards you. You didn't notice that a smile formed on your lips. "Echo!" A familiar voice called out. Echo soon took his eyes off you and sped off towards the voice. You frowned but then reached the ladder. Climbing up, you grasped onto the bars and pulled yourself up. "Morning!" Owen exclaimed. You looked over on the other side of the wall. You waved as you ran towards him. "Hey." You replied. "You run as fast as the raptors." Owen complimented. "Thanks." You said. "Can you feed Echo for me, I've got these three troublemakers." Owen said, giving you a bucket of dead lizards. "Sure." You replied, trailing off on the other side of where the ladder was. You whistled down to Echo who was already staring up at you. "Come on boy!" You called down to him, holding a lizard over the railing.

  He started to spin in a circle as he made small squeaks. "You certainly are adorable." You mumbled to yourself as you dropped the lizard. Echo swallowed it in a single chomp. "Good boy." You said, looking over at the other three. You sighed deeply. "Throw farther, Echo likes to play fetch!" Owen yelled out teasingly. "You should have told me that sooner!" You yelled out playfully back at him. You glanced down at Echo again who was still running around in a circle. He was teasing you! "Be careful with Echo, he sometimes likes to play tricks." Owen said. "Oh." Well today was going to be a long day.