Ch 7: Mates

MATES(:

Where do I start?!?!

Mates are for life.

Everyone has a mate, their other half. It can just take some time before they find that special person.

After werewolves turn 18 they can find their mate. It can happen sooner but it is very rare.

Some have to wait a long time before finding their mate an some might not (they just aren't looking hard enough) but the wolf spirits have a way of bringing two together no matter how far apart. (Wouldn't it be fun to be able to pick two entirely different people and match them together(;

Of course usually the people who don't want to find their mates happen to find them,but in the end it is worth it(;

Werewolves know the instant they set eyes on their mate that, that is in fact their mate. Some even before notice their wolf acting up but they don't know why. When they catch the one of a kind scent of their mate their wolf goes crazy. After that when they touch they feel electricity between them.

Werewolf relationships with their mates is a very strong bond, stronger than any human bond.

THE MARK

Once a werewolf finds his mate, he marks her to let others know she is taken.

This is done by him biting her neck, which leaves a mark forever.

After that, they are more drawn to each other and it makes it harder to resist one another. The females tend to get emotional and the guys tend to get...you know.

SEALING THE BOND

SEALING THE BOND

Sealing the bond between two mates is done by mating. Yes the full on mating.

After that it is impossible for them to live apart no matter what, literally.

The bond is sealed and also they mate a lot more now.

DEATH

As much as I hate to say it, it's possible for a werewolf to lose his mate.

When their mate dies, they go through painful agony and everything. They can never live the same again. They cannot have another mate-you only get one in life. Yes, very sad.

STEALING

STEALING

It is possible to replace a mark on a female werewolf. It only works if a male werewolf that is not her mate bites over the mark and then mates with her right after.

Since her mate would never let her be claimed by another werewolf, this would only happen if she was kidnapped and pretty much raped.

Very, very rare but now you know it can happen. I was surprised when I found this out!

And that, is the basics of the whole mate thing.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment or vote! If I find more juicy info I will upload it as soon as I can. (: Chica_2016