Their Conversation

~Time Skip to Monday/ Marinette's POV~

Monday morning I wake up earlier than planned. Sitting up I remember Saturday night and frown. 'Chat didn't even show up for patrol last night. So I was out alone, and stayed up later than planned,' I think with a sigh.

'Well, since I'm up, I might as well get ready and be happy I'm not going to be late today,' I think getting up. I grab clothes to get changed into for school.

As I do so, I remember I'll have to see Adrien today. 'Dang it. This'll be hard. Especially since I know who he's Chat Noir, but he doesn't know I'm Ladybug.'

I grab my shoes and bag before heading downstairs. I slip on my shoes as I look up to see my dad.

"You're up early," he says.

"Yeah. I'm actually just going to grab a pastry and head to school. I want to walk since it'll be nice and calm," I say.

"Okay," my mom says handing me a pastry. "Have a good day sweetie."

"You too! Bye!" I yell as I head out of the door. I walk along the sidewalk and admire the calm and quiet of the morning.

I take in a deep breath. 'Well, at least I know I'll have this moment. I normally don't get such quiet moments,' I think biting into my pastry.

I sigh of happiness as I turn a corner. "I hope today will be a good day. I wish it will all turn out okay today."

"Are there reasons there wouldn't be?" A voice says from behind me.

I turn to see Adrien. "U-um, no. It's not that. I'm just tired, and I don't want the day to become all crazy," I say. 'I didn't even realize I was walking past his house!'

"Well, I don't know how the day will turn out. At least not for you. But I hope it goes according to plan," he says with a smile.

"Thanks. Um, I'm going to go," I say. "I'll see you later at school."

"W-wait," he says grabbing my hand.

He let's go after a second, putting his hand behind his head. "Um, were you at the party Saturday night."

My eyes widen. "Um, yeah. You did say you wanted me to be there," I say getting a little more nervous.

"Yeah, I did, huh. Well I'm glad you came. I wouldn't have known. It was a masquerade party."

"Yeah," I say softly.

"Oh, do you need a ride? I'm just waiting on my driver," he says.

"N-no, I couldn't. People would have questions, and a lot of girls like you. They would get the wrong idea, and get jealous," I say looking away.

"It'll be this once, just out of convenience for you," he says again with what seems to be a hopeful look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Adrien. When I got up early I was happy and left as fast as I could so I could walk and take in the calm quietness of the morning. N-not that I-i'm not happy I ran into you. I just have a lot on my mind. And I enjoy walking, so there's no need. I do appreciate the offer though," I say with a shy smile.