The Fairytale Ending

(Marinette's POV)

Adrien goes up to the front of the class once class starts. He smiles at everyone. "I have a question to ask all of you," he says. He glances over at me before picking up his bag.

"At the party I met a girl as you all know. In a hurry to leave that night, she left her shoe," he says opening his bag. He pulls out an oh-so-familiar heel. "This was the shoe she left. I wanted to know if that is anyone's in here. If anyone claims it to be there's, talk to me after class. Also, I'll probably ask you to try it on, or better yet, show me the matching one."

I try not to show any hint of emotion. 'If he looks at me, and sees that I recognize it, he'll know it's mine. Especially since I didn't just buy the heels. I made them. So they're one of a kind. No one else could even come close to what I made. I'm just happy he hasn't found my signature on it,' I think.

"Thank you," he says. "We can continue class now," he says looking at the teacher.

Alya looks from the shoe to me as Adrien starts toward his seat. I mouth "please don't say anything. I'll tell him."

She nods at me while no one is looking. She gives me a smile just before turning towards the lesson.

~Time Skip~

After class I go to put something in my locker. "This is my chance," I whisper before turning to find Adrien.

As I find him, he's swarmed by girls telling him the shoe is theirs. I sigh and wait on the crowd of girls.

He asks all of them about it, and where they got it. All of them said they bought it. So he had them all try it on.

I almost laugh as he has them try it on. "It's made to fit my foot perfectly. I can't believe I lost it because I tripped and was sweaty from saving the day," I whisper.

Adrien frowns as he sees it matches none of the girls. He then lifts his head up, and sees me. He gives me a smile jogging over to me.

As he reaches me, all of the girls whine about it not fitting them and him leaving. I just ignore them, and smile back at him.

"Hey Marinette," he says. "By the way, the question I had for you was similar to the one I asked the class."

"I figured. You did look directly at me when you said you had a question to ask," I tell him. I look down at the shoe.

He follows my gaze, then looks back up at me. "Is it yours, Marinette?"

"I was just going to say that it's hand made. There's no way someone just bought that in a store. I can tell by the sewing," I say trying to cover it up.

"U-huh," he says. He has a look. It seems like he's skeptical of my answer.

"But, I do have to talk to you. Alone," I say grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the gates. I start to walk down the sidewalk. "It would actually be best to just talk to my house. I know this is confusing, but you'll understand when we get there."

"O-okay," he says. I can hear the confusion in his voice.

As we get to a streetlight, I realize I still have hold of his hand. So without making a big deal of it, I let go.