Was it really worth it?

All night I stayed in Vincent's arms crying my eyes out. After the stadium accident he took me home and stayed by my side. "It's going to be ok" he said to me. We were in my room him laying against the head board and my head on his lap and his arms wrapped tight around me. He was running his fingers through my hair softly. Under better circumstances I would have enjoyed it but I couldn't tonight.

"How will it be ok? I've lost both of my best friends because of your stupid friend" I cried out

"I know how your feeling and I promise you things will get better. Give them both time to cool off and then you can talk to them"

"How do you know what I'm feeling Vincent? You've never been in my situation before"

"Alexis please understand and trust me when I say I know what your talking about. Your right I've never been in your situation before but I've been in a lot worse" I sat up and looked him right in the eyes

"What do you mean? How can anything be worser?"

"If I tell you this Alexis you need to know that I've changed my ways and I'm not like that anymore ok?" I nodded my head for him to continue "I had a friend once, well actually he was more like a brother to me, named Chad I don't know if you remember him or not but he used to go to our school. Chad had a girlfriend named Celeste. He loved her a lot. They were going out for 2 years...."

"What happened?" I interrupted

"Ok misses in Patient can I get back to the story?, anyway Chad got injured one night and had to go hospital his girlfriend was a complete mess so I told her she could come to my house for a little while if she wanted to. She agreed. She kept crying and crying and I couldn't stand it so I kissed her. Worst mistake of my whole life"

"Did you just kiss?" I already knew the answer and I very much disliked it

"No we slept together that night. The next morning we both realised how foolish it was and said we'd never bring it up again. Well anyway Chad found out, kicked my ass and swore for revenge. I never saw him again and that was 8 months ago"

"Seriously? Vincent how in the hell was that story supposed to make me feel better? You've never seen Chad again what if the same happens with me and Samantha and Mia?" My eyes started getting teary again, Vincent saw and hugged me to his chest again.

"I told you that because even though I lost Chad I've gained a few things since he left. Ive made new friends, my basketball career is going great and I've got the attention of the most beautifulest girl in our whole school. I'd say my life is a lot better after Chad disappeared" I was about to reply when I heard a knock at my bedroom door.

"Alexis are you in there?" It was my mother. She didn't bother hearing a reply before she walked in. She stopped dead short when she saw Vincent. Her expressions went from shocked, to excitement? What the hell? Should she be upset I mean there is a boy in my room with the door closed hugging me close to his
Body.

"Mom what is it? I don't feel like eating so can you please go away?"

"I will get to this" She pointed a finger at Vincent and I "Later now I have more serious matters to attend to. Would you like to tell me why I got a phone call from Samantha's mother Misses Drakhead asking me why her baby girl is at home in her room bawling her eyes out and why her friends aren't there comforting her" I couldn't look my mother in the eye so I turned my face into Vincent's chest

"Mum it's a long story and complicated" I murmured

"Well lucky I have time before my next shift so chop chop get explaining" argh she is so infuriating