Chapter Four

Laying in Johnny's bed, I was willed with shame; feeling this dull emptiness inside. Johnny was stretched out next to me, his arms wrapped around me. My head was resting against his chest, listening to the soft thrumming of his heart.

The effects of the wine and pills had worn off at this point for the most point, leaving me with a throbbing in my head and an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Johnny's fingers were dancing across my back, his eyes closed, chest rising and falling gently.

I had to get out of here. I couldn't lay here with my brother's ex, on the anniversary of his death. That was wrong on so many levels.

"I have to go." I murmured, drawing back from him, my movementes shaky.

His hand tightened against my back, holding me firmly as his eyes fluttered open.

"Why? You just got here." he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep.

"I've been here for like... 5 hours Johnny." I aruged, reaching my hair over to push his shaggy hair out of his eyes. A part of me wanted to stay here. With Johnny. I felt safe, and I felt this....this connection. This closeness to Kaden that I cherished.

Maybe starting something with Johnny wouldn't be so bad. We were both broken individuals with the potential power to repair each other.

I leaned down, pressing a soft kiss on the corner of his mouth, resting my forehead against his.

His breath fanned out in soft puffs against my cheek, his hand tightening its grip even further on my back.

"Don't go.'' he said in a low voice, before turning his head to the side, capturing my lips with his once again.

*

"Do you really have to go?" Johnny complained, rolling closer to the edge of the bed where I was pulling my clothes on.

It was 11:30 now, I was supposed to be in at work at 4 the next morning, so I figured I might as well try to get at least 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Maybe three if I was lucky.

"I have work tomorrow." I reminded him as I pulled my shoes on.

He sat up, running a hand through his already mussed up hair, making it even more messy than before.

"Are you driving me or should I just walk?" I asked, rummaging around in my bag for my phone.

I hadn't checked it once since I had been ehre, and I was really hoping for a message from Aaron or something.

"Of course I'm driving you! Do you really think I would make you walk home at this hour?" he exclaimed.

"It's only like.. four miles." I mumbled, flipping my phone up in the air.

Johnny rolled his eyes as I argued.

"Just be quiet. Wait in the living room. I'll be out in a minute."

Normally I would have argued, a walk would be good for me. But to be quite honest I was too tired to really argue this with him right now.

Before flopping down on the couch, I went into the kitchen, rummaging around until I found a little orange pull bottle and half a bottle of Grey Goose.

Normally I would have just taken the whole bottle with me, but with the way my parents had been nosing through my room lately, I didn't want to risk them actually FINDING a bottle of vodka.

So I continued my search until I found a water bottle, filling it up and dropping it into my purse.

Johnny always said that I could just take whatever I wanted, don't worry about paying him. I just felt too guilty about taking it all though, so I always left him money in places he was sure to find it.