Chapter {9}

(Alex’s POV)

I’ve been avoiding Dylan.

You may think I decided to run away but, I am not running! I’m just delaying our next meeting..a little. I know that, in the end I’ll meet him again but if I can avoid him just a little bit more then so be it. I was in my room getting dressed  and preparing for the classes that already started because I din’t wake up in time.

Of course Matty wasn’t here. I have to ask him later why didn’t he wake me up. At least I found out Matty wasn’t caught by anyone a few days ago when ‘Academy-Does-It-All’ crap was.

A few seconds later, I heard a few knocks on the door that made me jump slightly.  Wondering who might be, I opened the door only to find Josh sitting in front of me, a neutral look on his face.

‘’Can I come in, Alex?’’ he asked me.

I blinked. What is he doing here? More important, why isn’t he attending his classes?

‘’Yeah, sure..’’ I said, deciding that it was useless to question myself and not him. He let himself in and collapsed on my bed. I raised one of my eyebrows, but didn’t say anything. Instead, I sat on the bed too.

‘’So, what’s up?’’ I asked him after a few seconds of silence.

‘’Nothing much..’’ he answered, as he seemed to think hard at what he wanted to say, because he was looking through me even though his eyes were at me. I was dealing with a serious Josh. This Josh didn’t appear very often, meaning this was something important.

It’s like Josh has split personalities or something. I smiled to myself as this thought passed my mind.

‘’What’s up between you and King, Alex?’’ Josh blurted out all of sudden, making me widen my eyes at how easily he questioned me that. He was watching me fully in the eyes, as if he was trying to figure me out and every mimic helped him more.

If he thinks my face would help him figure something out, he’s hardly mistaken. I know how to control my mimics. ‘’And why would I tell you that, Josh?’’ I questioned right back at him, using the same tone he used. He seemed to understand I was toying with him, because he smirked at me as if he was accepting a challenge.

‘’You don’t wanna answer? Don’t worry, I have another question for you.. What do you think of Matt?’’

At that one, I couldn’t refrain myself. ‘’What’s wrong with you Josh?!’’ I yelled at him. What was this, an interrogatory or something? And who the hell is he to question me?!

‘’Answer either one, I’m flexible.’’ He stated, flashing me a superior smile that only managed to anger me, because I could feel my hands balling into fists at my sides.

‘’I don’t have to tell you anything..’’ I growled at him, finally my patience running thin.

‘’Come on Alex, don’t be like that..’’ He urged me. ‘’You like Dylan don’t you?’’ He questioned me, using Dylan’s first name instead of his family name and how he pronounced his name irritated me.

I didn’t allow myself to gap at him or to widen my eyes when he stated that. H-How does he know? Why does he know that?!

‘’If you’re wondering how do I know.. I saw  you kissing him at the Academy rear’s entrance a few days ago. You must remember well that day, don’t you?’’

‘’You stalked me?’’ I question him, feeling somewhat shocked. This means, denying I like Dylan would be out of the possibilities I had..

‘’Stalking is such a hard word..’’ He started. ‘’But here’s something I don’t understand.. You have Dylan to mess around but why are you toying with Matt too?’’