| Damsel In Distress |

Allison Braidford
Tuesday, November 17th

After an eventful night filled with my four boyfriends, Ben, Jerry, Nicholas Sparks, and Mickey (my dog), I was ready to face the painful day ahead of me.

I rubbed my crusty eyes and groaned before rolling right off my bed. I nearly crushed poor Mickey, who was sleeping peacefully next to my bed.

I scratched his head in an effort to apologize to the helpless dog, "Sorry boy."

I checked the clock and almost had a heart attack when I saw that it was only ten minutes before school started.

Oh shit.

I spring upward and dash toward my closet.

"No, no, no," I mutter as I throw my clothes everywhere, trying to find something to wear.

"Ah ha!"I yell in victory as a pick up a loose blue dress. Cute, yet simple and easy to style. I pull the dress over my head, after putting on undergarments of course, and rush downstairs.

As soon as I reach the bottom, my mother looks up at me from her newspaper. Her weird expression makes me wonder if I forgot something important.

Is it her birthday? Is it dad's birthday? Is it my birthday?

"Honey, where are your shoes? You can't go to shoe barefoot, it's out of dress code," she says slowly, as if I was a mental patient.

Of course, shoes. I moan in frustration. I speed back upstairs and grab a pair of black scrappy sandals. On my way out, I grab my phone and a tube of mascara to apply on the way to school. I flash my mom a grateful smile as I pick up my backpack and run outside.

"Wait honey! How are you going to get to school! You missed the bus!" My mom yells after me. But I was already halfway down the black and her yelling was just a mumble of incoherent words.

"Love you too mom!" My feet pound against the pavement as in head toward my bus stop.

Five and a half minutes...I can make it.

Only then does it dawn on me that my bus arrived more than twenty minutes ago. I stop dead in my tracks and fall to the ground in a heap of failure. It was too late to run back to my mom to have her drive me, not to mention my mom was the slowest driver in California. It was also rush hour so no car would be able to make it through. I just accepted that I was going to be late and my perfect attendance record was going to be ruined. It was the only part of my life that hadn't fallen to pieces.

If only I had a motorcycle that could drive between lanes.

I put on my shoes, close my eyes and accept my defeat. But just as I'm about to get up, I hear a faint rumbling that seems to be coming closer and closer to me.

"What in the world,"I mumble to myself. A sleek black motorcycle pulls up two feet away from me and stops. The driver seems to be staring at me, probably silently laughing to himself. Yet he seems familiar...

He pulls off his helmet and meets my gaze, his blue eyes staring at me amused. He offers me a hand.

"Need a ride?" He asks. I stare up at him confused, but take his hand.

"Yeah, my alarm didn't go off and I missed my bus," I explain.

"Well you seem like a damsel in distress. But fear not, young maiden, your knight in shining armor is here to save you," he flashes me a cheeky grin and motions for me to get on.

"Hang on tight, kitten," he gives me his helmet and speeds off. I clutch his leather jacket tightly and nestle my face in his shoulder, scared to death. Even over the roar of the engine, I could hear him laugh at my fearfulness.

We zoom through the traffic, cutting too close to cars more times than I could count. Eventually, I lift my head up and let the wind blow through my hair. It's a good thing that he wasn't behind me, or else he would've had a mouth full of my thick hair.

We finally arrive at the school. To my surprise, there are still kids hanging out in the front despite there only being one minute until the bell rings. I had to give it to Xander, he made it here in phenomenal time. He parks the motorcycle and I tug him toward the entrance.

"We're gonna be late! Hurry up!" As we run toward the door, I see Chelsea and her 'crew' checking out Xander. I feel myself bubble up with jealousy. She shoots me a dirty look after seek my hand grasping his forearm.

When we finally make it inside, Xander stops me. "I gotta go to the office. I'm a new student here."

"Oh, it's that way," I say, pointing left.

"Isn't there anything you want to say to me, Ally?" He smirks arrogantly.

I sigh in defeat, "Thank you, my knight in shining armor." By now, it's two minutes past the late bell.

"You're welcome...damsel?" He laughs.

"You're beautiful, I'm not sure too many people say it often enough," He tucks a stray stand of hair behind my ear. We stare at each other for a second before he leans down and kisses me on my cheek. I stand there stunned before he starts walking off.

"See you later, Allygator," he bids as he runs his hair through his messily styled hair.

"See you later, X-Man," I tease. I hang my head in shyness and walk to class, not nervous at all of the wrath of Mrs.Hart.

('_')('_')('_')('_')('_')