Chapter Twenty Five

We aren't walking for very long before we emerge into yet another lovely room. This room is decorated with blacks, blues, and deep purples. This is room is set up similar to the king's chambers. There is a public sitting room in the middle of the set of rooms with hallways branching off it. The floor is a black marble and the walls are a dark, glossy purple.

Emil gives me a tour of all the rooms, each being more beautiful than the last. He says I have free reign on any room in his chambers except for his bedroom. The last room he shows me is my bedroom. I gasp when he opens the door. My room is once again decorated in dark colors, as seems to be the theme of his rooms. Instead of purples and blues accompanying the black, it is reds and dark oranges that look like burnt umber. It was absolutely breathtaking.

"Go ahead and relax and do whatever you please, I will be back to pick you up in a few hours to go eat. When you are around my chambers you do not need to wear your collar or any of the jewelry unless I specify or if I have a guest. I will see you in a few hours," Emil says as I stand there in awe. I nod that I heard him and he shuts the door behind him, leaving me totally alone for the first time since I was taken from my home.

As I wandered around my new room, I thought about what Aurora told me about Viktor being an empath. I can see how he could be one, he can always calm anyone down and make them feel at home. I can remember multiple times where I was upset or mad and Viktor just smoothed things over with a touch and calmed me back down. And if his powers are growing as he gets older, like mine did, and is projecting as Aurora says he is, then everyone must have been extremely on edge when I was taken.

I remember times when I was younger, I would be called to travel away from home with my family to visit other tribes. When we returned home, people talked of how everyone was edgy and moody when we left, coinciding with how Viktor felt when I went away. Back then I thought it was because Viktor was acting like everyone else, but now I think that everyone else was acting like him.

Flopping down on my new massive bed, I continue to ponder what Aurora told me. Next thing I know, I roll over and open my eyes to see a pale face with bright blue eyes and blueish purple hair. I sit up and scream in which a hand is firmly clammed on my mouth.

"Chill out Fire!"

The figure takes their hand away from my mouth and I start to freak out. The only person that calls me Fire is Conny, but this doesn't look like her and I don't know anyone with purple hair.

"W-who are you?" I ask shakily.

"It's me, Conny."

"You don't look like Conny," I say cautiously.

"Shifter, remember? The blonde hair was so I didn't freak you out too much by showing you what I actually look like. The hair and eyes are a bit much," she says. Now that I look at her, I see that her eyes are actually violet and her hair is blue. She then shifts back to how I know her as, blue eyes and blonde hair.

"See? It's still me," she says before she shifts back. I take a deep breath and nod. She goes to run her fingers through my hair to straighten my obviously messy hair and the door opens.

"Well it's about time you woke up," Sebastian says as he pushes through the door.

"Sebastian! Hi mindok tol hi los ni vos wah kos het vothni hin zeymahro orlaavend! Remember what happened last time," Conny scolds. I don't understand half of what she says, and I assume that she is speaking the language of the dragons. One thing is clear, she is not happy about something.

"Aww, c'mon. Y'know I don't care about what he thinks. I could beat him in a fight anyday," Sebastian retorts.

"It's not Emil I am worried about... it's the king. I don't want him to go running to daddy dearest if he finds out and it pisses him off."

"Okay, whatever you guys are talking about is all well and good but, why are you guys here? And how did I get under the covers?" I interrupt.

"Well I came over a while ago just to see if you needed anything and I found you asleep on top of your covers. So I put you underneath these wonderful black covers provided for you by Emil and just kinda laid down and waited for you to wake up. Seb's popped in a few times but then left when he saw you were asleep," Conny chirped.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Only like two hours," she said nonchalantly.

"Well that's wonderful," I say sarcastically as I flop back onto the pillows.

"Sitting here talking is wonderful and all, but are we gonna get on with it?" Sebastian asks impatiently.

"Get on with what?" I ask confused.

"I have to get you ready again, and Seb likes hanging around and being a bother so he's tagging along," Conny says as she jumps up and drags me out of bed. I take a page out of Viktor's playbook and act as a deadweight which causes her to fall to the ground and pulling me down on top of her. We both laugh before she rolls over and dumps me off her chest and onto the floor. I burst into another fit of giggles as Conny gets up and disappears somewhere. When I finally calm down and regain my breath, I see Sebastian standing above me with a small smile on his face. But it is gone as soon as I see it. He extends a hand and helps me up. I quietly thank him as he looks me up and down.

"What on earth did he do to deserve you," he mutters to himself, not intending for me to hear. Thankfully, Conny comes back in before it gets awkward between us.

"Time for another bath! I have to get all those symbols off you... although it looks like you rubbed a good portion off during your nap."

Grabbing my hand, she drags me to a hidden room attached to mine that I hadn't seen before while Sebastian trails behind. In the room, there is a large basin filled with bubbles. I assume that there is water underneath all the bubbles, but I can see that Conny when a little out of control when it came to the soaps in the bath. I walk past the basin and behind a screen where I take off the jewelry, collar, and my clothes and put a silk robe on instead. I pull it tightly around me as I walk back out to where Conny and Sebastian are chatting quietly. I stand awkwardly by the basin until Sebastian notices me.

"I will be back in 20 minutes. We have things to discuss when I return," he says before turning and walking out.

"Well that wasn't cryptic at all," I say sarcastically as I climb in the water.

"That's just Sebby for you," she says quietly. She then takes more soap and begins to scrub the paint off my arm.

"Conny?"

"Hmm?" she says without looking up.

"How did you get a fire breathing dragon to let you call him 'Sebby'?" I ask quietly. She laughs at my question before answering.

"I told you we grew up together so we act like siblings. He is older than me since they age slower but I couldn't pronounce Sebastian so I called him Seb or Sebby. He never has had a problem with it. Personally, I think he likes being called Sebby."

"So... You're basically his sister from another mister?" I ask. She laughs and nods.

"Yeah, I suppose so," she laughs.