Chapter Forty Seven

Inhaling deeply, I sit straight up in a bed that I assume to be in the infirmary in the caves. Taking a deep breath in through my nose, I relish the feeling of being back in my true body.

"Glad to see you're finally awake," a soft and tired voice says from beside me.

"Dalla!" I go to climb out of bed but I feel a tugging sensation on my arm. Looking over, I see a tube in my arm. I pull it out and then get out of bed the rest of the way and hug my childhood best friend.

"Jeez Em, could you hug any tighter?" She jokes weakly.

"Sorry," I mumble as I release her.

"It's good to see you conscious."

"It's good to be home. How long was I out? It had to be at least a week."

"Em... it's been almost a month..."

"Shit. We gotta go. Where's Jokull, Fenrir, and Sebastian?"

"They've been gone almost two days. I got your message but they had already left. Since I couldn't stop them, I stayed here with you, waiting for you to wake up. I was thinking we could figure out how to stop the vision you had. How you had it, I have no idea, same with how you showed it to me."

"It's a long story, but I need some different clothes and we need to go. I'll tell you later."

"Just hold on a sec Ember," she stops me as I try to walk past her. "Conny left a little bit ago to go get you a change of clothes as well as some other supplies, like something for you to eat. So you have a little explaining to do while we wait for her to come back. What happened while you were unconscious?"

"The pain killers I took were laced with Jormungandr's poison which nearly killed me. Because of that, my soul was mostly separated from my body but still retained enough connection so I wasn't gone for good. Lots of stuff happened which would take too long to explain but let's just say that I met my biological father and turns out I'm a lot like him."

"In appearance or... mannerisms?"

"Both I guess. Well at least on Asgard I looked like him. Dark hair, light eyes. As well as a particular... peculiarity."

"Soo... like you look right now?"

"What do you mean?" I ask confused. She grabs a mirror from inside the table beside the bed and hands it to me. My appearance is the same as it was in Valhalla. My red curls have disappeared and been replaced like the black locks of Loki. A memory tugs at me and I then remember that Loki had told me he gave me a going away present.

"If you are starting a new life, you have to have a clean slate don't you?" The memory whispers to me.

"It's a going away present," I tell her softly.

"A going away present?" She repeats confused.

"I was telling you about my biological father. His name is Loki, and he gave me this new appearance as a gift to start my new life," I smile.

"Well I hope that new life of yours involves all of your new and old friends," a new voice chimes in.

"Conny!" I run and hug her, causing her to drop the two bags she's holding.

"It's nice to see you too Fire," she chuckles, hugging me back. "Now let me go and so you can get dressed. I brought you clothes I think you will like," she winks.

"Oh really now? I hope it's not one of those dresses I've always been forced to wear."

Both of my friends laugh while I help Conny bring the bags over to the bed. Conny switches bags with me and gestures for me to open it. Doing as she suggests, I pull out a black leather warrior's ensemble.