Chapter Forty Five

I pace back and forth in the rooms that have been given to me as my brain thinks at high speed, trying to figure out how I will get a message to Dalla.

"I could try to move my hand and write out a message. No that wouldn't work, they would just think I'm waking up," I mutter to myself. I bite my lip as I continue to pace and think.

"Stop biting on your lip, you look like you're gonna chew it off," Loki jokes as he waltzes into the room.

"Will you be quiet, I'm trying to think. I have less than four hours left and I still haven't found a way to get a message to Dalla. A day has already passed."

"Well I believe I have found an answer to your problem."

"Well? What is your solution? Spit it out."

"There is a natural pool here in the castle that is mostly used to look at dreams and memories and find what you lost, but because of its magical properties, I believe that you should be able to communicate with your friend."

"If it is used for finding lost things in memories and dreams how does that help us?"

"Well, when you have a vision, it is almost like you are in a dream state. So, the pool should work because the state of mind that you are in during a vision is the same as when you are dreaming," he explains.

"Hmm, okay. It's the only shot we have. Lead the way."

My biological father leads me through the castle's confusing hallways in silence. Now that we have a solution that is most likely going to work, my thoughts have slowed down to normal speed. I don't even know why they sped up in the first place.

"Your thoughts have slowed down again, haven't they?" Loki asks.

"Yes, how did you know?"

"It's because you're my daughter. When your body is in battle mode, everything either speeds up or slows down. Your thoughts speed up so that you can think of different solutions faster while time seems to slow down so you can process more of your environment in a smaller timeframe. It is weird at first but you'll get used to it eventually. And as to how I know that your thoughts have slowed down, you don't seem edgy anymore. We have a possible solution and there is nothing else to fight so your body is relaxing."

"Oh, that's... interesting, I guess. Can I ask you a question?"

"Mhm."

"How did you get my mother to agree to... have me, I guess. I don't really know how else to put it."

"She didn't agree to me," he states. My blood boils at his statement. I grab his arm and throw him against the wall and pin him against it with my hand against his throat.

"Did you rape my mother?" I snarl.

"No-I... did not rape... your mother," he chokes out.

"Then how I am here with you as my father if she didn't agree and you didn't rape her?"

"Kolli... talked to her. He got her to agree," he manages to get out. Confused, I release my hand from his neck. He rubs it as he explains, "Your mother never agreed to me when I talked to her, but when Kolli talked to her about this she agreed. Apparently he explained to her that if they didn't do this willingly, this would be forced upon them. So, because of Kolli's explaination to your mother, she agreed and we came up with a certain arrangement. But when I asked a few years later to be able to see you, since you are my child after all, she denied my that right. I was worried about you so I had another one of my children placed in your life to protect you. I wanted you to be safe when I couldn't be there. You are mortal, you all break so easily. For years I have watched mortals fight and die and cast out their own children. I couldn't just leave you there so vulnerable and unprotected."