Chapter 1

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry! It took so long. I had school and projects and my comptur stopped working for a mouth . I meant for this to get out sooner. I'm really sorry! I will get the next chapter out sooner I promise. But for now enjoy this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------

"Lucy, hi." Sabine greeted the young girl as she entered the lounge room of the ghost.

Lucy had just arrived from outside with a small red flower in her hands. Smiling at Sabine, she walked up next to her and inspected her painting she had just finish. The ghost was laying in the plains of Lothal off to the side of where the crew was standing, Ezra was put in the middle of the other members as Lucy hid behind his left leg next to where Kanan and Hera where standing. On the other side of Ezra Sabine and Zeb were busy fighting off stormtroopers. Everyone knew Sabine had painted this as a memorable for Ezra.

"Looks pretty." Lucy admired the picture of Ezra for she is missing the closest thing to a brother. "I got this flower for Ezra." She showed Sabine the red flower.

"That's very kind of you, we can put it on the shrine that Chopper made." Sabine smiled as she took the flower and laid it on the small stand.

Lucy smiled and she took a glance at the painting. Something caught her eye in the shadow of the small room but was soon distracted when Kanan and Hera glided into the room.

"Hera! Look at the flower I got Ezra." Lucy jumped up in to Hera's arms.

Hera looked over at the small stand, as Lucy wrapped her arms around her neck. "Wow, but when did you get the flower."

"From outside, just a few minutes ago." Lucy explained as she was put done to the cold metal ground.

"But Lucy, it's dark outside. You know you're not aloud out at this time." Hera strictly lectured the young girl.

"I know, but I just wanted to get a flower." Lucy put her hands behind her back as she instructed her eyes to remain on the ground.

"But something could of happen." Hera's face soften as she kneeled down to the girl's level.

"I know, I could've been killed by the empire like..." Lucy quickly stopped herself realizing Kanan was in the room. "Like the other kids who did not listen, but it didn't happen. I was only out for a second."

"Yes, but it could have happen!" Hera slightly shouted out, shocking everyone in the room. "Now come on, you need some sleep."

Hera lead the small child out of the small square room leaving Kanan and Sabine alone. Giving a sigh, Kanan sat down on the couch near the far right corner. Zeb swiftly appeared from the kitchen holding the last of the space waffles. The lasat abruptly jumped back in shock being unaware that two others were staring at him.

"What?, Did you want some waffles?" Zeb looked back and forth between both Sabine and Kanan.

_0_

Lucy walked along the side of Sabine and Zeb down the market way. The had been sent to pick up some fuel and other supplies for the Ghost. They were planning on going to Endor to investigate a empire base.

"Zeb, you go look for some food." Sabine point off to the side. "Lucy, you come with me to get some fuel then we'll meet back here in an hour. "

They went off in separate directions. Following Sabine, Lucy noticed a cloaked man a little ways behind her. Worried she catch up with Sabine to tell her.

"Sabine, there's a man following us." Lucy pointed behind her.

Sabine looked to were she had pointed. "Don't worry, hes not following us. You have just been spending to much time with Hera." Sabine made a turn as they continued walking. "She been teaching you to be afraid after what happen to Ezra.." She trailed off seeing the stand they were looking for.

Lucy looked over her shoulder as she stopped behind Sabine at the stand. She watched as the cloaked man stood on the other side of the road talking to a merchant. After taking something from the merchant the man walked down the street, stealing a glance at Lucy. Forgetting that she was suppose to stay with Sabine, she took after the man sensing something familiar about him. The man strolled down the walkway as Lucy hid behind object slowly following him. A few minutes after, the man sharply turned around causing Lucy to abruptly duck behind a near by bin. Lucy peered over the box to find the man had vanished from sight.

"Who was that?" She questioned her self out loud.

Traveling back the way she had came Lucy realized that Sabine was no long at the stand. Growing worried she hurried herself the spot they were suppose to meet. luckily, Zeb had arrived there a few minutes before.

"Sabine, I found her. Meet us back at the Ghost." Zeb said into his com.

"Sorry." Lucy simply said as a reaction.

"Its not me who you have to say sorry for." Zeb took Lucy hand and led her back the ship where an angry Hera awaited.

"Lucy. What do you have to say for yourself." Hera asked as the two reached the ramp.

"Sorry, but there was this man and he seemed so familiar." Lucy began.

"Its doesn't matter if he was familiar or not, he could of hurt you!" Hera had raised her voice.

"Well, he didn't." Lucy looked away. "Stop treating me like I'm a helpless little girl, I'm eight years old now."

"That doesn't change what happen to Ezra!" Hera had yelled back. "I'm protecting you, no matter what age you are!"

"I don't need your protection, Hera." With that Lucy took off inside the Ghost.

"Ugh, what am I going to do with that child?" Hera asked Kanan, who stood next to her.

"Your taking all you're feeling about Ezra on her, you should be nicer." Kanan respond. "His death affected her just as much as it affect you. You got to understand that, its been hard for all of us."

"You're right, I need to clam down." Hera leaned against the cargo bay wall.

Kanan left a few minutes later leaving Hera to deal with her thoughts.