|| Eight ||

I cleared my throat at that then as we walked in, a few police officers asked,

"Here for the Sam Wilkinson case?" One asked, the rest with their hands on their hips. I tried to clear my mind of how horrifying this was by trying to imagine them in the Single Ladies music video. I was snapped out of everything when Jack nudged me a little to walk into a small room. It was all grey, there was one door and no mirrors, nothing. Nothing on the other side where people could see me. Until.. I saw the security cameras in a few corners of the room.

Jack was asked to stay out and sit on a chair outside of the room. Two people in suits gestured me to go inside. I walked in, sitting as they took their place in front of a desk.

"Okay, Vanessa. We both know that this is all very overwhelming for you." One of them informed me. Well, duh. He had greyish brownish hair, looked to be in his fourties or fifties. He looked very familiar and had a small resemblance to Jack. The other was probably in his twenties and he had brown hair and a bit of stubble. He was very young, but well built, very attractive, actually.

I nodded. "All we need is what happened and then you'll be free to go and we'll take care of everything. After this is done, all you need to do is take it all in. Officer Cameron and I have dealt with these situations before. It's going to be okay."

I think he could tell-- both of them could tell how I was feeling. Nervous, anxious, any other word that describes nervous.

"Okay." I responded before he went on. "I am Officer David Gilinsky and my partner Officer Cameron Dallas."

"Gilinsky?" I asked before going on.

"I didn't want to say anything to distract you from the case, but yes, Vanessa very nice to see you, I'm sorry about what happened or what my son has said, if he has." He greeted, giving a slight smile. David was so nice when Jack and I were together and I remember how upset he was when we announced our final breakup to his parents. David had been there for me, and Katherine as well, they were like my second parents and I was so upset to see them not be able to talk to me anymore. Of course, it would be a little awkward anyway. Since, Jack and I weren't together.

"Oh he has." I chuckled a little. "I'll start talking about the night of the rape. I went on a party date with Sam and so he was kinda....." I went on from there, adding on parts that I wasn't sure of and letting know the complete truth.

After about thirty minutes they let me go. I met Jack outside the room and he took my hand in his as we exited the station. I was informed to not speak of anything that was to be said in the room, risk of telling peoole would result in some people stretching the truth. I totally understood that.

Jack opened the car door for me, still not saying anything. He was so stubborn yet, so gentlemen-like to me. I thanked him and he nodded, closing the door and climbing in on the other side.

"Since our teachers let us off for the day, would you like to go out to lunch?" Jack offered. Was this a date? The last time Jack even offered going on with me was when it was the third time we were on in our off and on relationship.

"..Like a date?" I asked nervously, smiling a little bit. I had just gotten mad at him a few hours earlier and now I'm getting butterflies again. Why am I so confused?

He looked at me when we reached a stop sign and he flashed a smile. "Yeah. Where do you want to go?" He asked. He's such a gentleman when he's nice.

"The local deli would be a nice place. After all, a deli was the place of our first date. You know, you're hotter when your nice."

"You know, you're hotter when you give in to me." He laughed. I gaped and crossed my arms in a joking way. I brushed the hair out of my face as he parked, it wasn't too far. This was good. Getting my mind off things. People could say I should be making a bigger deal after this, especially after the incident, but Jack knew how to distract me from the bad, which is one of the things I loved about him.

I got out of the car and we walked, ordered a large turkey sandwich and split it as we sat outside.

We ate, talked about our goals and one subject came up.

"I want to be famous some day." Jack said, putting his sandwich down.

"I want to be able to make people feel the same way you make me feel."

That hit me. "How do I make you feel?"

"Happy. Important. Butterflies when I think of you."

I grinned at that and he did too. This wasn't such a bad day.