01.

A/N: This book is not a representation of Muslims as a whole, especially the ones who are upon their deen, but there actually are Muslims out there like this. Just because wherever you live there aren't, or you don't know any, doesn't mean it can't be possible. Come to America and try telling me the same thing lol. Just enjoy guys. It's a book. And if you're so against the portrayal of Muslims here, maybe you should try I Bet You, because that one is halal and is staying halal in sha Allah. (:

On the authority of Amirul Mukminin Abu Hafs Umar bin Al-Khattab radiyallahu anhu, who said, I heard the messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said, Verily, all actions are only judged by its intentions, and every man gets what he intends. Those who intend to migrate (hijrah) due to Allah and His messenger, will get reward of migration towards Allah and His messenger, and he whose migrate is due to worldly intention or women whom he wants to marry, will only get what he wants (to which his intention be). (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?" My mother says to me as I sit down at the dining table.

"I am ready, Ummi (mother)." I point my finger to my long, silk black abaya (full-length outer garment). It has blue rhinestones, flows with my every movement and is one of my favorites.

"Not without your head coverings, you aren't."

"You and I both know that only takes me no longer than three minutes to do." I pop a slice of orange into my mouth and grab one of the strawberry granola bars.

"You've prayed Fajr (morning/sunrise prayer), though, haven't you?"

"Of course, Ummi. A'oothu billah (I seek refuge)." She smiles at me and pokes my nose with her finger softly and I smile back.

"Abi (Father) has already left for work?"

"Of course, love. Now hurry up and finish getting dressed. I see Fadwah's car approacing the cul-de-sac."

Finishing up my granola bar quickly, I head upstairs and tie on my cobalt blue hijab (head scarf), and then tie on my black niqab (face veil). I look in the mirror and a caramel-skinned girl with bright brown eyes looks back at me. I turn around, grab my knapsack and head downstairs.

I kiss my mother on the cheek. "See you later, Ummi. Don't miss me too much while I'm gone."

She smiles at me. "You look beautiful, as always. I love you. Have a good day."

"I'll try, and I love you, too." I step out to find an impatient Fadwah tapping on her phone. "Assalamu alaykum (Peace be upon you)."

"Wa'alaykum salaam (And upon you be peace). Took you long enough, Yasmeen." I open the passenger door and get in and close it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Miss Grumpy Abaya." She scowls at me and starts the car. Fadwah and I have been best friends since freshman year and she definitely supported me when I started to wear the niqab. She even began wearing it a few months after I began to. We were then deemed the two niqabi amigos. Sure, most people ignored us, but there were some who were more curious than rude, and definitely didn't judge us by what we wore, and we definitely need more people like that.

"We've got to pick Nesreen up."

"Okay." I put my window down and look at the trees that are now bare. Winter is coming soon and I don't mind at all. I love the cold for some reason. It's the best time to be covering my face, anyway. Minutes later, we're in front of the all-too-familiar red house. Nesreen steps out wearing a dark blue abaya with a lighter blue hijab and flats. It made me look down at my own black flats. She waves and walks fiercely to the car.