11.

So be patient, with a beautiful patience.
(Surah Al Maarij)

"Do you have any ice cream?" Fadwah jogs straight to the kitchen.

"Could you be any ruder?" I question back. "It's morning. Normal people don't eat ice cream for breakfast."

"You mean you don't eat ice cream for breakfast." She points her finger at me. "And you never were normal now that I think about it."

I roll my eyes. "Right. If I'm weird, you're... I don't know at this moment but I'll come up with it later."

"Okay, good luck with that."

"Ain't no such thing as luck, sista'."

"Ew. No. Just stop."

Nesreen is in the corner laughing. "Wallah, you guys are the best to hang out with when a girl wants a few laughs."

"It's not my fault she's annoying."

"It's not my fault she's annoying." I mimick Fadwah in a high-pitched voice.

"Stop it."

"Stop it."

"I'm serious." She crosses her arms together.

"I'm serious."

"Okay, okay, guys. Let's just get along." Nesreen puts her arms out between us.

"She's so annoying!"

"You're more annoying and everyone knows it!" I retort. "Now eat your ice cream and shut up."

"You shut up."

Nesreen puts her hand on her forehead. "Here we go again."

"Ignore Fad. Tell us about this guy you like!"

We both sit on the couch. Nesreen turns on the T.V. and turns to me. I turn to her, legs crossed with a big smile on my face. "Don't look at me like that." She nudges my shoulder.

"Like what?" I smile even wider and wink.

"That!"

"Okay okay, I'm done." I try to make my face look serious but fail to and burst out laughing.

"Oh what does it matter if Yasmeen smiles like the Grinch. Just go on with the story." Fadwah says.

"What type of ice cream is that?" I ask, getting up from my seat. I want ice cream now.

"Vanilla. Your absolute favorite." Fadwah waves a big spoon in the air. "But I'm not sharing any with you."

"What? Why not?" I turn to Nesreen. "Tell her to share."

"Share with Yasmeen."

"No." Fadwah hugs the tub of ice cream to her chest.

"Yes." I walk over and try to pull it from her grip. "Hand it over you brat!"

"I feel like I'm babysitting a bunch of five year olds, seriously."

"We wouldn't be having this problem if she just shared!"

"Fine," She smirks. "Here." Fadwah lets go and I almost fall back.

"I almost fell." I push her.

"Not my problem."

"Whatever." I put a few scoops of ice cream into a white ceramic cup and put the rest of the ice cream in the freezer.

"I was about to ask you if you wanted some, Nes. Then I remembered you're lactose intolerant."