20.

I don't think it's an accident when you fit perfectly into the crook of someone's neck; almost hearing the snap of two puzzle pieces conjoining.❞

This chapter has been edited and changed.

"Yasmeen, you can't stay mad at me forever. Please, just let me explain." Zane trails behind me as I walk up the stairs annoyed and head to my room. I usually head to Zane's room, where I've strangley become very accustomed to over the past few weeks, but since I was mad at him, I obviously couldn't do that now.

"There's nothing to explain. I saw what I saw and that's that. And the fact that you came into the masjid with her." I turn around with my arms folded across my chest and glare at him.

"Yeah because I had to talk to her and tell her to chill out."

"Cool," I turn back around and continue to my room. "I hope everything is going well with you guys though."

"Can I come in?" Before I can answer with a no, he comes in anyway, despite my glare, and closes the door behind him, locking it in the process. "Yasmeen, please stop pacing around like that and just listen to me." I grab random clothes to fold and put them where they're supposed to go, then proceed to color coordinate everything. When I'm mad or upset, cleaning, baking, and organizing helps. "Yasmeen." He stands in front of me.

I sigh. "Move." He shakes his head no. "Please." He still stands there.

"I'm not moving until you hear me out."

"Will it get you out of my room and away from me if I do?" I ask, eyeing the shirts on my bed. They're not folded and the colors are organized all wrong. Ya Rabb, I need to fix them. I start to walk towards them with itching hands but am stopped again. "Fine, go ahead, explain. Just move so I can fix my clothes on the bed. I'll be listening."

He finally moves out of my way and I walk to the bed before sitting down, crossing my legs, and proceeding to color code them. Zane rakes a hand through his medium curls and sits next to me.

"Did I say I want you sitting next to me?" I snap at him, more than annoyed.

"What is with you lately, Yasmeen? You're so moody."

"So you're telling me I have no reason to be? Especially with this?" I snap again.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry." He tries to calm me. "I didn't mean it like that. You have every right to be upset. I'm an ass, I know. But what happened with Alia was before we even finally agreed on going through with the Nikah. And after it she wanted to message me saying she's in love with me and I don't want to hurt her feelings but she's clearly not getting the hint that I don't feel the same way." Zane softly grabs my chin and turns it so my face is facing his. "I honestly care about you so much, and I don't want something like this ruining us. And quite frankly, love, I'm not letting you go that easily."

He smiles at me, causing me to slightly smile too. "I don't know if I can do this, though." I whisper.

"I know and I understand and I'm willing to give you time, but please just really consider it. And I know Alia is one hell of an annoyance and spoiled brat, but please just bare with me." I nod at him. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." I smile and just as he's about to lean in and kiss me, I block his face with my hand. "Sike, playboy. You really think I'd let you off and let it go that easily?" I push him again. "I listened. Now get out of my room." I point to the door.

"Listen, Yasmeen. I want you with me here and in Jannah in sha Allah. You've changed me so much and don't even realize it. Hell, I sound so soft right now and I can't stand it but anything for my wifey. Now come on, stop with all this and just forgive me, please."