Chapter 3

@Match_Box brought to my attention that this song is totally the vibe of this chapter, lol! (Gives you hell by The All-American Rejects)

Chapter 3

Axel's POV

I was furious. And the list of things ticking my timer just kept growing.

First, some shitty 'soul mate' of my mine had me sick the whole week. I'm a fucking werewolf, I'm impervious to the common cold.

Sucks to be a human, but we don't get their little sicknesses.

Until now, I suppose—the fresh mate bond had me hypersensitive to the poorly state of my mate, and I didn't appreciate the welcome gift of high fevers, chills, throwing up, and a near-constant state of drowsy nausea.

I almost got bodied by a football in front of the whole damn school because of this stupid illness!

And as if that wasn't embarrassing enough, my once-in-a-lifetime special 18th birthday was ruined—it was supposed to be the party of the year and it didn't even get to start before I was heaving my guts out all over the place.

I'd definitely get revenge for that humiliation.

Additionally, I didn't get the alpha title.

I knew my dad was going to give it to me!

I had been training for this for years. No one—not even my older sister—was more suited to become Alpha than me, even if she was the original inheritor. It was now my position, and I was supposed to have it by now.

The ceremony planned after my birthday party—it was a full-moon, which should have been good luck!—was when my dad was going to make the announcement.

But before any of that could even begin, I was in a half-concious state, the wolf spirit in me taking over, drooling, desperate, growling some gibberish about 'finding mate!'

And now I wasn't going to get my title until I had my 'soulmate' by my side. The ridiculous unfairness of the situation made me want to throw something. Preferably my mate, down a set of stairs.

This said mate of mine was a guy, wasn't he? He should be able to take that much.

I didn't even want to think about it. It wasn't uncommon or totally unexpected for a guy to have a guy mate. But that didn't mean I wanted my mate to be a guy!

I like the soft suppleness of a nice pair of knockers; the sweet smell of between two sexy spread legs—

And as if that wasn't enough, my mate was a human.

Human.

Fucking human. If it had to be a male, why couldn't he be a wolf in my pack?! That would make things so much less complicated!

If he was a wolf in my pack, he'd already love me and would know everything about the supernatural world, and we could quickly mate and I'd become the Alpha.

But no, since he was human, I had to first court him, make him fall for me.

Then I'd have to hope he didn't freak out and call animal control when I show him my true self, and then I'd have to convince him to join me in this werewolf world.

Only after that could I gain the Alpha title that was rightfully mine to begin with!

To make things even fucking worse, this mate of mine was an annoying piece of shit.