Are you from Tennessee?

"Your body is 65% water and I'm thirsty".

I scooped another mouthful of Corn Flakes into my mouth as Tristan sat across from me. I had briefly passed out after the realization that I was not dreaming everything up, and yes I was in fact tied to the devil. Sounds like a bad reality tv show title honestly. I then proceeded to engage to a brief existential crisis before finally calming down. Whether my new calm and clear mind was another layer of self-preservation or not, I latched onto it as if it was the one thread in my life tying my to sanity.

Which it was.

"Even in hell they have terrible pick up lines." I grumbled as I scooped another spoonful of cereal onto my spoon.

"Wait. Wait. You haven't even heard the best one yet." Tristan said before clearing his throat. "I'm no weatherman, but you can expect a few inches tonight."

I grimaced at the last one. Putting my spoon down as my appetite fled.

"Charming."

"Only for you babe." Tristan winked.

I pushed away my bowl of half-eaten cereal and leaned back in my chair. Tristan continued wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"So are we going to talk about the elephant in the room or?" I questioned. My voice was monotone as I began compartmentalizing the new information of a supernatural realm. Rationalizing was always a self-defense mechanism of mine.

"Elephant? My dear. The only thing in this room is you and a super hot demon dude. Super hot demon dude being me obviously"

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean Tristan." I bit out.

"Ohhh say my name like that again. It's hot."

My eye twitched. Does he ever think with his brain? Or is he always on auto-dick-pilot.

"Fine, fine, I'll be serious now." Tristan raised his hands in a mock manner before running his hands through his black hair. "So what now? We have already established I'm the devil, and hopefully you believe me now."

"It's a lot to take in, but i'm slowly accepting it." I sighed. "But what I really wanted to talk about is this whole being 'stuck' situation. What does that even mean? And do you have any ideas on how we are going to fix this?" I briefly wondered if this was karma because I accidentally ran over a squirrel a week ago. Who would have though a dead squirrel could have a lot of weight on universal arrangements.

I was torn out of my absurd pondering as Tristan ruffled his dark hair. His eyes flashing green with agitation as he contemplated our course of action.

"Well, I am pretty positive the damned witch caused this stuck situation we are in right now. So I would presume we need to hunt her down and have her change it." Tristan said as he fiddled with his lip ring. "But to explain this tie, it is as if we both have a tight leash on one another. When you were asleep last night I tried leaving but found myself to be restricted both in movement and in power."

I nodded slowly, "When can we take a visit to this witch? I'm assuming we will be going to her?" 

Tristan gave a slight growl, the noise foreign and unsettling. I shifted uncomfortably.

"It sounds much easier that it is, we can't just frolic up to the witches hut. It requires more involvement than needed" His answer was vague but I chose not to pursue it. My throat felt dry, I swallowed as I carefully chose my next words, not wanting to agitate the creature across from me.

"Why don't we go find the daughter then?" I asked after a moment of tense silence.

"The wench probably has gone into hiding and took her daughter with her. It's going to be almost impossible to find either one of them." Tristan replied with a defeated sigh.