Raw(r)

After going to the bathroom and giving myself a small pep talk and a slap on the but, I headed down stairs to the living room where we had talked the previous day.

Nerves gnawed at my thoughts, leaving me very close to an anxious mess. It could have just been everything hitting me at once, with things I could have never imagined coming into my life in a short time span, I wouldn't blame it if I were sent to an insane asylum.

Fiddling with my shorts I had put on, I entered the room to see Vasbar sitting on Bambi's lap on the couch, with Tristan not sparing me a glance as he frowned at the floor.

I cleared my throat and sat down in a chair that was a good distance from the other residents of the room, suddenly feeling overwhelmed and needing to distance myself.

"Did you have a good sleep my dear? Cause I sure did" Vasbar winked at me as I settled down.

I gave a small smile, "I did, thank you." Pretending to be unaware of their other activates.

"Tristan's quite the sleeping buddy isn't he? The stubborn devil didn't want to stay in our other guest room" I looked up to see Tristan sending a death glare at Vasbar, while Vasbar gave a cheeky smile and wave of his friend.

"Oh don't me that look Tristan, tsk. Straight men, honestly." Vasbar rolled his eyes before redirecting his attention to me. "I guess we should start talking about the main issue my dear."

My leg was bouncing as I became anxious, "Um... so what exactly are we discussing?"

"Before you fell asleep, Tristan and I talked and we have some theories." Bambi spoke up, shifting a little under Vasbar.

"On why we are 'tied' together?" I questioned, "oh and what do you mean we are in Tristan's realm?" I asked as I remembered my previous conversation with Vasbar.

I looked at Vasbar, but all he did was point fingers to a very grumpy Tristan.

I spike of irritation shot up as I saw that Tristan was adamantly keeping his lips shut.

"Look buddy boy, you can't keep me in the dark especially when im literally stuck to your hip for the rest of my life it seems like. So start talking before I start castrating." I huffed at Tristan, from the corner of my eyes I saw Vasbar cover his privates and gulp.

Tristan finally looked at me, and I took a sharp breath as I was caught in the intensity of his almost illuminating green eyes. I tore my eyes away from him and frowned.

"And what the hell is this." I looked back at Tristan, "what is this staring thing we do. Since we came to hell it's as if I can't stop staring. Is hell giving me an eye twitch or something!?" I was beyond frustrated and took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

I saw as Tristan lost his steely mask, and gave a deep sigh, "I don't know Olive. I really don't know." His low voice resonated across the room. "All we have right now is theories."

I sat back in my chair, relieved that this conversation was going somewhere. "So start filling me in with what you know, starting with what Vasbar meant by your 'realm'".

Tristan glanced at Vasbar and Bambi quickly before looking back at me, running a hand through his ruffled hair.

"Well... you know how I explained to you that I am the Devil?" Tristan said with hesitation.

"Yeah?"

"There's only one 'Devil', well two if you count Satan." Tristan said slowly, watching me to observe how I reacted.

"So, are you Satan's son or something and you're the heir of Hell?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm not his biological son, Devils don't really have parents. We just are. But yes, I'm kind of the heir."

"What do you mean Devils don't have parents? Where did you come from?"

Tristan clenched and unclenched his jaw as he took a moment to think how to respond, "From what I've researched, devils come into being through a formation of various elements concentrated in one area. My earliest memories are being trapped in a rock formation with agonized souls screaming at me."

I gasped slightly as I saw a flash of pain across his green eyes, he continued "But there isn't really much to know about devils existence. There has only ever been one and that was Satan for the longest time, but now there is also me, and many take that as I'm going to be the next Satan."

Tristan looked at me once he finished his explanation, I processed the information before stamping it as something to dwell on later. "So what does Satan think of this? Is he upset?"

Tristan let out a broken laugh, shocking me as I became aware of how exposed he was at this moment, "I wish he was upset, I don't want to be the ruler of this hell. He has been trying to groom me as the next heir since he first discovered me."

"Why don't you want to be the next heir?" I asked hesitantly, afraid Tristan would build his walls up and shut off the vulnerability he was laying out on the table.

"Because I'm not strong enough Olive. How can I rule the broken, when I am also broken." Tristan said in resignation.

Before I could stop myself I stood up from my seat and walked over to the love seat Tristan had stationed himself on. As I approached, Tristan looked down at the floor, not wanting to show anymore of his weakness.

I slowly ran both my hands through his hair; something my mother would do when I was a child. I could feel Tristan's tense figure slowly relax, I let my nails scrape his scalp as I brushed his hair back. A deep purr-like sound came from Tristan, surprising me slightly before I listened to the low hum that I could feel in my bones.

I quickly glanced to my side to see that Vasbar and Bambi had left the room without us noticing, I was grateful for that.

After a few more moments I stepped away from Tristan and proceeded to sit next to him on the love seat.

"So because you are the heir? You are essentially stronger here, that's why our 'tie' allows for a greater distance from one another?" I questioned quietly.

"That's the theory.... I also think that us being here has been a greater influence on why we sometimes get... how to I say this without sounding like a tween romance novel.."

"We sometimes get caught in each other? Just because we are in your realm?" I asked, afraid to look straight into his eyes in fear of being trapped once more.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Tristan putting his full attention on me. Using his index and thumb, he held my chin and turned my head to look at him.

"My emotions are so much more raw here, down on earth everything is dulled down. I think the hypersensitivity of my presence here, is a core factor in what is happening between us."

What is happening between us?

A/N: Super short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer! So my little devils, how do you guys enjoy the story? What do you think is going to happen next? ;)

Please vote! <3