Hoot(ers)

"Are you fucking serious."

"Completely"

I dead panned as I observed the scrap of material that was handed to me.

"This is a bikini." I said, feeling irritation creep up my neck.

Tristan looked at the material with a satisfied smirk on his face, "No. It's not waterproof. So it's not a bikini."

"If it's not a bikini then it's a prostitute demons outfit."

Tristan turned to look at his side, where his friend who had brought the clothing was casually filing one her long elegant nails.

"Ding ding. That's exactly what that horn dog said for me to bring you." Silver- I had learned her name was- spoke up.

Tristan opened his mouth to protest but Silver jabbed his side. I watched in interest to see Tristan wince and clutch his side.

"Owwieee." Tristan pouted.

"Don't worry sweetie. I was suspicious as to why he asked me to bring a prostitute outfit, so I brought another pair of normal demon outfits."

I sighed in relief, "thank you so much"

"Follow me, uh, what was it again?" Silver asked, a small frown on her beautifully carved face.

"Olive." I replied, stepping forward to follow her.

"Ah Olive. Well let's get you all fixed up then."

Silver grabbed her bag that she had thrown onto the couch during her arrival.

Going up the staircase, Silver led me to the room I had stayed in the night before.

I didn't question how she knew where I had stayed. It seemed these supernatural creatures knew everything.

"So how do you know Tristan?" I asked, extremely curious as to how such a beautiful girl would want to associate herself with the fuck up known as Tristan.

"He tried to get into my pants once. And after his attempt I gave him my friendship out of pity."

I snorted, of course he did.

As Silver grabbed the spare demon outfit I watched her. Like her name, she had long locks of almost illuminating silver hair. She had a small nose that curved upwards, huge eyes that were coloured an alarming yellow. And small lips that had something wise about them.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you?" I could help my curiosity as she handed me the clothing.

She smiled at me, "I'm an owl shifter."

"Holy shit that's so cool" I said in awe.

Silver gave me a wink, "why don't you change into the outfit, I understand you are on a time frame?"

I pinked a bit before turning to go put the clothes on in the bathroom.

...

I looked at myself in the mirror, the outfit was    surprisingly more flattering than I expected. I had a golden collar clasped around my neck, apparently it was a symbol of higher status, as well as golden bangles on both arms. The fabric was soft and light, and the crimson coloring complemented my hair and complexion. I felt strong.

After checking myself out one last time, because let's be real here- When a girl knows she looks good, she KNOWS she looks good- I left the bathroom to see Silver looking at me with a small smile on her face.

"Oh you're going to give that devil some trouble." She commented before grabbing my hand to take me downstairs.

"What do you mean?"

She shook her head with a small laugh. Deciding to ignore the strange pretty owl girl, I focused on not slipping down the steps.

Looking up I was greeted with Vasbar basically throwing himself at me and cooing his compliments.

"Aren't you just the hottest not-demon around here. Oh! How this looks so good on you."

I chuckled and turned to see Tristan looking at me with a vacant expression.

Raising my eyebrow, "sorry that this isn't the prostitute you imagined me to be, but I'm dressed up and ready to go."

Tristan gulped and murmured something under his breath.

"He said that 'thank fucking god you weren't showing more skin, cause he couldn't bare knowing other demons were looking at your gorgeous self'". Vasbar gave me a cheeky wink before diving behind Bambi for cover.

Tristan sent him a disbelieving look before sighing.

After getting his demeanor in check he said, "you look lovely."

I glanced at him in slight shock, aware that this is probably the only compliment he would ever give me.

Blushing a bit, I saw how he nervously chewed on his lip ring. Our eyes locked and I became aware how his illuminating green orbs pulled me in.

A crunch snapped me out of my daze, and I looked to my left to see Vasbar chomping onto some popcorn. Looking at both of us expectantly.

"You guys should probably get going soon, Bambi did you bring out the potion for Olive?" Silver said, twirling her long silver hair in between her fingers.

Bambi gave a small nod before walking over to the kitchen, returning with a sluggish purple liquid in a container.

I scrunched my nose at the displeasing beverage. It obviously wasn't my aesthetic.

Bambi handed the jar over to me, letting me get a closer look at the horrid drink.

"Take this a few minutes before you enter into the caverns. It only takes a moment to work. Make sure you leave within 24 hours. You don't want to risk being exposed and dealing with demons who want to take a bite of you." Bambi instructed. Leaving me in awe at the length he willingly spoke to me.

"I'll be accompanying you both for the majority of the trip. " Silver said, sending me a wink. I smiled at the owl-shifter.

I took a deep breath, before clasping my hands together.

"So, shall we?"

A/N: not too happy how this turned out, also super short.
Comment how you feel about how this story is going so far! <3