Chapter 2 The Meeting

Skylar POV

As I'm driving to the cast meeting, I get a call from Anna Camp. "Hello?"

"Hey Skylar, it's Anna Camp. Listen, my car just broke down, and I was wondering if you could pick me up. I'm just three blocks from your house."

"Yeah sure. I'll be there in a second."

"Ok. Great. Thank you so much!"

"No problem. Bye."

"Bye."

After a minute of driving, not even, I find Anna standing on the edge of her driveway. I roll down the window before she could get in. "You called a cab?" I say jokingly.

"Yes I did. How much will it be?"

"For a pretty lady, its on the house."

She smiles as I open the door for her. "Why thank you kind sir." She says over-dramatically. When she gets in, we just stare at each other for a second, then burst out laughing.

I drive to the cast meeting, and oddly enough, we're the first ones there. We wait in the car until more people show up. "So, Anna, tell me about yourself." I ask to break the awkward silence.

"Well, I just got divorced. He was a real ass, but you don't have to feel sorry for me. I don't even remember the reason I married him."

"Well that sucks doesn't it? I wouldn't know. I was never married." She laughs. I love it when I make her laugh. Its so adorable. Now she's single, even better. "Anna?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering...maybe you'd like to, um, go out...with m-me?" I barely got it out, I was so nervous. "I really like you. But I understand if you don't want to. Because you just got divorced and all..." She interrupts my rambling by kissing my cheek. She stares right into my eyes and says,"I would love to go out with you."

Phew. That was a close one. It's like in Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer when Rudolf's girlfriend kisses his cheek, then he get's all excited yelling, "She thinks I'm cute! She thinks I'm cute!" This is the feeling I have right now. I try so hard to hide my emotions, but I must be doing a crappy job. Anna looks over at me and asks me why I'm smiling. I just say I'm excited to meet the rest of the cast.

When everyone finally shows up, we all go inside. Anna and I split up for a while to talk to other people. I talk to Rebel Wilson, Ester Dean, Adam Devine, Utkarsh Ambudkar (I think), and some other cast members. Then I find a guy named Ben Platt. He's a really nice guy, and is into Broadway too. He tells me he will be in The Book of Mormon after Pitch Perfect. I tell him I was in Spring Awakening and Rent. He says he has seen both of them, and is really interested in what else I say about the matter. Why am I so fascinating to people? I grew up in New York and was in a couple Broadway productions, two movies, and a couple TV episodes (not to brag or anything, but...) Everyone else was in something to. All except Ben. Ive never heard of him before, but he really is nice.

Ben and I talk for a while longer about stuff like our scenes together in the movie. We don't have many, but there are a lot of short ones. We also talk about our lives and stuff, when Anna interrupts us. "Hi Ben. I'm Anna Camp. Nice to meet you. Can I borrow Skylar for a second?"

"Uh, yeah sure."

"Thank you. I'll have him back soon."

She pulls me over to the corner of the room. Her face gets all serious. I ask her what's wrong. "It's Michael. My ex-husband. He just called. He said he wants us back together. That he was stupid and made mistakes, but he still loves me."

"Do you believe him? Do you trust him?" I ask.

"No. I don't. The divorce was his idea. I can't get back together with him. I'd rather be with you." That sentence keeps rattling around in my head for a second until Anna keeps talking. "What should I do?"