The Date

Sorry I didn't update, I was busy. Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to @itsjustme_adri for all her support and commenting on my chapters. Thanks a lot!

Skylar POV

It's been two weeks since the accident, and Anna still hasn't woken up. The doctor says she might wake up next week, but I can't wait that long. I miss my best friend. Ben and I have been visiting her every day since we got out of the hospital, but no improvement. The doctor says it might effect her memory, but it can't be certain. that's a good thing, that they're not sure. It means she might still remember us. It means we can make things go back to normal. But Kendrick is still out there. I know she'll find me. Cause when she does, I'm gonna get her. When she does, I'm gonna kill her. No I'm not, stop thinking like that Skylar. Anyway, Ben and I are going on our date tonight, and it's the best thing that's happened in a while. Hopefully.

Suddenly my phone rings, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hello?"

"Hey Skylar, it's Ben."

"What's up?"

"Not much, just wanted to know where we're going for our date?"

"I already told you it's a secret. I can't tell you. It's 4:00 already. I'm picking you up at 6:00"

"Ok. I have to go. See you then."

"Bye." And he hangs up.

I'll start getting ready at five, so I have enough time to watch TV. As I flip through the channels, I find nothing interesting. Soon, I see Supernatural. It's my favorite show, next to Big Bang Theory. My least favorite episode, the one where possessed bugs invade a housing developement. I hate bugs already, and this makes my skin crawl. I watch it anyway since there is absolutely nothing interesting, unless you think Antiques Roadshow is interesting. About halfway through the episode, spiders crawl out of a woman's shower faucet. She runs through the glass door, bleeds, spiders get to her, and she dies. It creeps the hell out of me. The scary part is I still have to take a shower. As soon as it's over, I make my way over to the bathroom. I turn on the water, half expecting spiders to crawl out of the faucet. Luckily, there's no trace of any bugs. I grab a towel and get in the water. A half hour later, I get out, wrap the towel around me, and walk to the closet. I have nothing to wear. I sound like a girl. But hopefully i'm not the only guy who's ever thought this.

I find a maroon button-up shirt, black jeans, and black dress shoes. I run my fingers through my hair, look at the clock, and see I still have five more minutes until I have to pick up Ben. I decide to check my twitter and instagram. Just the same things every day. Fangirls telling me they love me, they want to meet me, they're going crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love my fans, but they can just get too crazy. I look at the time again. 4:50. Time to pick up Ben. I get in my car, and notice the sky is getting dark already. I hadn't noticed it's getting colder. I've been with Anna so much at the hospital, and didn't realize it's already September. I run back inside to get my jacket.

While on my way, its starts raining really hard. After only five minutes, its raining buckets, and I pull over. I can't see a thing. I try calling Ben to tell him I'll be late, but there's no signal. I wait ten, fifteen, twenty minutes, and the rain still hasn't let up. There's only one thing left to do. I turn off the car, zipper my jacket, pull up my hood, and make a run for it. Ben's house is only a five minute run from here.

By the time I get to Ben's, I'm soaking wet, all the way through my clothes. I knock on the door and Ben answers.
"What happened to you?" He asks.
"I, uh, got caught in some rain. I son't think we can go out tonight. Im sorry."
"Me too. There's something I have to talk to you about."
"Sure. What is it?"
"I don't think this would have worked out."
"What wouldn't have worked?" There was a long pause.
"Us."

It takes me a while to process what he said. Then I finally snap. "So I just ran through pouring rain, just for you to stand me up?!?" I can't take it anymore. "I don't get it Ben. You're giving me mixed signals."
"How am I giving you mixed signals?"
"First you kiss Anna. Then you say you care more about me than her. Then you push me away a little at the hospital. And finally, you say you want to go out with me." I finish with a smile, even surprising myself. Why am I smiling? Oh right, I think I won our arguement.

"You know what? Fine. Go home. For all I care, I could never see you again." That hurt.
"You're such a jerk!"
"I hate you!"
"You know what? I am the jerk. I am very hatable." I say sarcastically. I pull him into a tight hug, pulling his head close to me. "But... I'm here for you buddy. It's going to be ok. You're too precious for this world." (Quoting Supernatural ;)) Suddenly, all my anger just makes my blood boil. I punch Ben right in his face. He falls hard on the floor. I just leave to find my car.

Sorry its bad. It's kind of just a filler. From this Saturday to next, I'm going on vacation. I wont have time to write much, but I will write a chapter on Saturday in the car and upload it when we get there. Talk to you then. Vote and comment. I read all if them!!!