Chapter 17

MEEK'S POV
I'm back home from Nicki's crib.

"What happened young bull, why you back so soon?" Chino asked when I got in the house.

"She was busy. Out with that Safaree nigga."

"Damn man, you shoulda bagged her."

"Fuck it, I'ma make her mine asap... I can't miss this opportunity."

"She dating bull?"

"Nah. That's why I'ma bag her." I said, determined.
NICKI'S POV
I fixed my hair then I left the bathroom. I went back over to where Safaree and his sister were talking but he wasn't there anymore.

"Hey Neeq, do you know where Safaree went?"

"Yea he's over near the bar." I walked over there.

"Damn.... you're bad as hell." The guy standing beside Safaree said.

"You okay Nic?" Safaree asked me.

"I'm fine, I was just looking for you."I said to him.

"Oh that's you?" The same guy asked him.

"Na-" I cut Safaree off.

"Yea.. I'm his, we're just taking things slow." I said so Safaree wouldn't make himself sound dumb.

"Safaree can you come sit with me?" I reached out my hand for him to grab.

"Yea of course." He took my hand and we walked to the table.

"What's was that about?" He whispered in my ear once we sat down.

"I didn't want you to embarrass yourself in front of your boys." I whispered back.

"Thank you." He kissed my cheek.

My phone started ringing.
"I gotta take this. I'll be right back." I got up answered the phone and walked outside.

"Hey Jamie." I said as I answered the phone. He told me tomorrow I have to be at work on time tomorrow because we have to sign a couple new artist. I have meetings all day starting at 11.

We finally left the wedding and wedding reception. It's 8pm.

SAFAREE'S POV
"I'm so tired." I said as we stopped to get gas.

"You want me to drive?" Nicki asked me.

"Nah its cool, I just need to get some coffee. It's only a 45 minute ride." I got out the car. "You want anything?"

"Uh just a bag a chips and something to drink. Thanks." I went into the gas station and got me a coffee and a couple packs of Starburst and got Nicki some hot cheetos & a lemonade.
I went back out to the car and pumped the gas. I got back in the car and gave Nicki her snacks.

"Thanks Faree."

"No problem Nicki." I started the car and we got on the road.

"Thanks for coming Nic, you're really cool for that." I said.

"It was the least I could do, I'm glad we can still be friends after all that shit that happened."

"Right... I'm glad we're friends." She leaned her seat back.

"I'm gonna take a nap." I turned the radio down so she could sleep.

NICKI'S POV
Before I went to sleep I checked my phone, I had a text from Meek.

~ Nicki I wanna take it to the next level with you, forreal.

I read it and smiled. I'll reply when I get home. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

MEEK'S POV
I'm outside playing ball with Tak, Omelly, and Chino.

"Yo pass the ball." I said to Chino. He looked at me, crossed up Omelly, and shot a 3.

Tak had the ball, I stole that shit right out his hand and went in for a layup. I'm done. Tired as hell.

"Me and Chino one. Yall suck ass." I said laughing.

"Man fuck yall." Omelly said breathing heavy.

"So we hitting up a club tonight?" Chino said as he hopped on the front of my car.

"Nah let's just go biking or something, I'm not tryna take any bitches home tonight."

"Oh yeah, you tryna get wit girl, you can't go to clubs anymore."

"Shut up Chino. I can do what I want." I looked at my phone to see what time was. 9:30. I looked at my messages. Nicki still hasn't texted me back yet. That's cool, I'll wait for her.

NICKI'S POV
Safaree woke me up once we were like 5 minutes away from my house.
We pulled up outside. He unlocked the doors and got out to open mine.

"Thanks again Nicki. If you ever need anything I owe you." He hugged me.

"I'm serious Safaree it was no problem." I said smiling.
"Alright goodnight, text me sometime.. friend." I kissed his cheek and walked up on my porch and unlocked my door.

"Goodnight friend."  I walked in the house and shut the door. I heard his car pull off. At least we know what we are now.. just friends. I took my phone out my pocket and looked at the message from Meek. Maybe it is time to take it to the next level with him. I put my phone on the dresser.

"I'll text him tomorrow." I said as I walked to the bathroom to shower.
_____________________________________
Hope yall like this.
Sorry for any errors.
It's officially about to be an Omeeka book now, I changed a few things cause of that tweet Nicki just put up lmao.. I hope she's not talking about her wedding.