Chapter Eight

I groaned as I woke up, stretching my arms in the process. I felt around next to me but Rayne wasn't there. I patted down the spot next to me mostly because I was too lazy to open my eyes and check if he was still there. I let out a huge yawn deciding that I could sleep a little longer and check where he was later.

Wait...

I know better than that, Rayne could be out murdering little kids for all I know. I wrenched my eyelids open and slowly crawled out from under the sheets. I brought myself up in a sitting position. I rubbed my eyes groggily and stood up. As much as I wanted to sleep I needed to find Rayne.

I also just noticed that my school uniform was hanging on the door. Did Rayne go back to my house to get it last night? It must of been a huge pain because my house is most likely surrounded by police. I wonder how he does it...

I trudged over to the door and there was a note taped to it. On the side that was facing me there was a map of the mansion in its entirety. I pulled the note off of the door and flipped over to the other side where his writing was.

'Good morning sleepyhead! ^~^ I went to your house last night to grab your school uniform for you! It was pretty easy kil- I mean sneaking past all of the police! Also I left for school a little early to catch up on my studies in the library! I made breakfast for you and it's in the fridge with your name on it. I made a little map so you won't get lost. I'll see you later, I love you Savvy! ~Rayne'

I can't believe he wrote I love you! But him making me breakfast was really sweet. I guess I was worrying about nothing, even psycho murderers have to study. I quickly glanced over the map before heading to the kitchen. Once I got there, there was about four fridges in total. I wish he told me which one!

I searched through them and eventually came across a container with a note that had my name on it. I opened the lid and a few sausages, eggs, rice and hashbrowns were inside it. I quickly walked over to the microwave to heat it up. I'll admit I was starving and the food he made looked pretty delicious.

Once it was fully heated I scarfed it all down in about a minute. I let out a small burp before heading back to Rayne's room to get ready for school. I misread the map and got lost for a good ten minutes before finding myself in the hall that Rayne's room was in. I rushed to it freaking out because I only had thirty minutes before I had to be at school.

I quickly went through my entire morning routine which included taking a shower, brushing my teeth and hair, changing into my uniform, getting all my books together and cleaning up his room a bit. However as I was cleaning his room I found another note next to the alarm clock.

'Hey Sav! I set the clock a hour early so you'll not be late and so we'll have time together before school starts! By the way you look adorable when you sleep! Even if you do drool.'

Creep.

I made my way out of his house not rushing anymore because I had a hour to spare. Luckily for me he made yet another map so I knew how to get out of the woods were his house was located in. I took in a deep breath enjoying the smell of nature. On my way to school I also began to think about last night.

When the time comes will I actually be able to stop him from going berserk? What if I cant, then everyone I know will be dead. Maybe Rayne was right, mayne I won't be able to stop him. But he seemed genuinely upset that he kills people I love. I still will never forgive him for what he did but I do feel a bit softer towards him now.

The walk seemed to have been short considering I was now in front of my school. I didn't notice before now that it was cloudy and looked as if it was going to rain. The atmosphere around here feels a bit off as well. I'm starting to get a bad feeling.

I pushed open the main doors to out school and was greeted by the sight of a blood trail. I clenched my fists, only one person I know would do this. I followed the trail of blood down the halls. As I was walking I saw bloody handprints that looked like someone was clawing at the walls. Probably trying to get away from Rayne.

As I turned down the hall I saw him dragging a deformed bloody mass down the hall. It looked like guts were spilling out of the persons stomach. I squeezed my thumb as hard as I could before yelling out.

"Rayne!"

He dropped the hand that belonged to whoever that was. He stopped moving all together. I ran down the hall to him and I slid on some blood and face planted into a pool of it. I gagged a bit but I forced myself to get back up. I walked over to Rayne and hugged him.

"Stop doing this Rayne!"

His arms hung limply beside him and I squeezed him tighter, "P-please! Tell me, w-who is that?"

"One of your friends." His emotionless voice echoed throughout the hallway.

"W-why'd you do it?" I asked, afraid of his answer.

"She said that I should leave you alone and that I was no good for you. She told me to go die because I'm a creepy stalker who has no life. She told me I was a piece of trash and that you deserved better."

While I thought the exact same thing the opposite came out of my mouth, "That's n-not true, but stop killing! It will make me unable to forgive you! I-I don't want that!"

I was tired of constantly being rude to Rayne because that made him go on a rampage. But maybe if I start being nice to him... he'll stop murdering everyone I love.