Chapter Nine

Rayne smiled, "Maybe they're right Sav, maybe you are just too good for me. Maybe I should just get rid of you. If I can't have you then no one else can."

He grabbed me by the neck and pushed me against the wall. I squirmed underneath his grip desperately clawing at his hand because he was making it difficult to breathe. I repeatedly kicked him trying to get him to let go. A tear fell down my bloody face.

"W-what ha-happened to your p-promise R-Rayne? You said you would n-never h-h-hurt me. Y-you're really hurting me right n-now."

His eyes hardend, "That Rayne is gone."

"N-no, bring back t-the Rayne I *Cough cough* k-know. This isn't y-you."

His grip around my neck tightened and my eyes felt like they were about to pop out of my head. "I should just kill you before someone that's better than me takes you away."

I cried, "P-please! Let go! I-I'll do anything, anything at all!"

I couldn't take this much longer. Colorful spots began to dance around in my vision. I have another ten seconds at most before I pass out. I kicked and screamed for help, maybe a teacher was around and maybe they get rid of Rayne for good.

Five. Four. Three. Two. O-

Suddenly I dropped to the ground, I coughed and gasped trying to get oxygen into my lungs. What just happened? My hand reached up to my neck and it burned were he had his fingers. I looked up and saw a boy that was in my class breathing heavily. He towered over Rayne looking as if he was about to seriously hurt him.

Rayne sat up and he looked like his normal self again. He looked over at me and his eyes were filled with worry. He began crawling towards me and I backed away in fear. He had a hurt expression on his face. He kept crawling over to me his arm outstretched trying to touch me. I backed into a corner so there was no way to get away from him. His hand gently cupped my cheek and I quickly slapped it away.

"Get away from me!" I was terrified. He literally just tried to kill me and now he's acting all affectionate and like he has no idea what just happened. He was right, when the time comes my words or actions won't be enough to stop him from attacking. I was weak and useless, all I can do now is let him do as he pleases.

"W-what? Sav what did I do?" He looked upset and confused which seriously confused me.

"Don't act like you don't know! Look around you!" I yelled at him.

He looked around and his eyes widened, "I did it again, didn't I?" His eyes snapped back to me and he grabbed my shoulders, "Sav I-"

He was suddenly cut of from the guy kicking him in the ribs. "Don't touch her you monster!" He spat.

Rayne laid on his side clutching his side and groaning. He then began to sit up chuckling slightly, "You little brat, you'll pay for that."

He had the same look in his eyes as before. I had to atleast try to stop him before he murdered this guy as well. Even if I am terrified of him.

"Rayne! Please! Don't start this again!"

He shook his head as if he was trying to snap out of the trance that he was in. Suddenly he grabbed his head with his hands and groaned. Something inside him was trying to make him go into his crazy mode while he himself was fighting against it. He threw his head back and let out a yell before suddenly stopping.

Did he win or is he going to loose control again? He looked at me and his eyes were full of sorrow and worry, "Savvy! I'm sooo sorry! You probably hate me now just like I predicted!"

He began to cry like a little kid. My eyes widened at the sight, "W-wait! Don't cry! If anything I should be crying, you almost tried to kill me after all!"

He stopped moving once again, "I did what?"

"You don't remember?" I questioned with a puzzled look on my face.

"Savvy when I loose control, it isn't me. I forget anything that happened from when I lost control to when I come back to normal."

"O-oh... maybe I shouldn't have told you then."

"No! I need to learn to stop! I'll kill anyone that get's in the way of us! But I can't hurt you or I'll have nothing to live for!"

"What if I don't want you to hurt others?"

"That won't stop me," Rayne smirked at me. "I'll do anything for you, even if it's against your will."

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness. Sirens blared outside the school. The guy that saved me earlier had his phone pressed against his ear, "Yes, yes! He's in the school officer!"

"Crap, I forgot about this idiot." Rayne roundhouse kicked him in the side of his face. I winced at the sound of his skull cracking. Rayne came over to me and picked me up bridal style. He ran out the nearest door and sprinting into the down pour outside.

He looked down at me, "I meant what I said back there Sav."

I nodded my head against my better judgement, which was to kick him in the balls and make a run for it.