Chapter Twelve

More of Sav c:

××××××××××××

The sun poured in from the window and I had to squint my eyes to see. I groaned unwrapping my arms that were around my knees. I sat up and rubbed the remaining sleep out of my eyes. I looked around and remembered that I was in Rayne's house or more specifically, the guest room. The urge to just go back to sleep was tempting but I remembered that I needed to ask Rayne about his family.

I stood up and didn't bother changing out of my flowy white nightgown. My long brown hair cascaded down just above my butt. It was a little messy but not too bad. I walked over to the large doors and pushed them open quietly.

I walked down the long halls looking for Rayne. I somewhat knew my way through the mansion now but not completely. It was still very possible that I could get lost. However, today was my lucky day because the delicious smell of food led me straight to Rayne.

My eye's widened when I saw him, he was just in shorts and an apron. I've never seen him shirtless and I couldn't tell if he had abs or not because the apron was covering his stomach. I was ogling his hot back though, even if he was crazy, he was hoot.

He turned around and I quickly adverted my gaze away from him. He blushed when he looked at me. I looked down and remembered I was still in my nightgown. If anything I should be the one blushing. He quickly turned around and tried to hide his face from me. I was still able to see it and he was biting his lip.

Rayne put whatever he was cooking on a plate and handed it to me, "Here's breakfast, by the way, we can't go back to that school ever again so it's better if you didn't think about it."

I nodded my head and dug into my food and my eyes shut because of how delicious the food was, "I didn't know you were such a good cook Rayne." I spoke as my mouth was full of whatever he made.

"Thanks Savvy! I use the meat from dead cow corpses!"

I spit out my food right there and I began rubbing my tongue with the palm of my hand trying to get the taste out. Rayne began laughing at me and I glared at him, "What's so funny?"

"I was joking, I'm not that messed up!"

I wanted to say yes you are, but I knew better. I began to eat my food once again, not enjoying it as much as I did before. Rayne began to walk out of the kitchen and then I remembered the reason I came in here.

"Wait Rayne! I need to ask you something!" I quickly ran and grabbed his shoulder. Then I realized he didn't have his apron on. A light blush spread across my face. He looked at me and his head tilted a little.

"What is it?"

"W-Well u-uh..." I don't understand why I was so afraid to ask him. He looked into my eyes.

"Come on Savvy, what did you want to ask me?"

Aw stuff it I'm asking him, "Well... I was wondering... What happened to your parents?" His eyes became hard and cold. He adverted his gaze from me. I wasn't going to let it go either, I deserve answers after all the crap he's put me through.

Rayne took a deep breath before answering me, "They're dead, just like yours."

I figured they were so I wasn't suprised when he told me. I've never even seen them around so I just kind of knew they were dead. I felt the need to pry even more, "How?"

He turned so his back was facing me, "I killed them." I heard the smirk in his voice. I felt chills run down my spine.

"Why?"

He then turned back around and grabbed my shoulders, "I-If I tell you, you can't tell anyone! I'm only going to tell you because you're the only person I love."

Well there goes my shot at revenge, that was quick. I nodded my head and whispered, "I promise."

He looked straight into my eyes, "When I was young my family was very superstitious... They believed that the eldest child would inherit a demon presence by the age of twelve. Me being the eldest... well my parents weren't very fond of me. They treated me like garbage and called me the 'Demon Child.' I've never really cared too much about what they called me. I've always had really vague emotions. So once I reached the age of twelve, a demon presence did appear inside of me. My parents happened to find out and they decided to try and extract it from my body. So they set some sort of alter outside and set me on top of it. They said some sort of chant and I felt an awful sting in my gut and it eventually felt like my insides were on fire. I screamed and pleaded for help but my parents wouldn't listen. During the extraction the demon began to influence my thoughts and emotions. He told me to kill them, it's the only way I could survive so I let him take control over my body. I lost consciousness and I don't remember anything until I woke up in the grass with my clothes blood-stained. Ever since then the demon inside me has gotten stronger. Every time I feel an emotion like anger towards someone, he'll take control and kill them. I always forget what happens and I wake up completely oblivious."

To say I was in shock was an understatement, I was utterly and physically flabbergasted. I wanted to say something but I had no idea what to say. He however had more to say.

"Ever since I've met you, my feelings have become stronger and they don't feel as vague as they did before. I don't know what it is but I feel this undeniable urge to protect you."

I fell backwards on my butt, he has a demon inside of him? Why don't I feel angry towards him anymore? I'm sick of all these twisted feelings! Now I feel pity? No... I feel... like I need to protect him as well.